Catch can, EGT gauge, and boost gauge install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5942

Reaction score
Hello all,

So I have finally received all my mods, now it's time to install them and I have a few questions:

1. The catch can came with no hoses. I've read that it's best to use fuel line hoses but 19mm is a bit hard to find. If I used heater hose instead would it be as good?

2. Where do I plug the EGT sensor? I found one picture that shows the location but it doesn't look like a D22 install (I have a ZD30 D22 2006).

3. To my dismay, the boost gauge I have has the sensor built inside, so my only option is to run the hose from the turbo split to the gauge. I am just being conscious of the length of the hose (say ~1.5-2m) the reading will not be accurate. What do you guys think?

Many thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum,

1 DO NOT USE HEATER HOSE, it will end up breaking down and leaking oil. It isn't designed to withstand oil. Go to enzed or pirtek and get some oil resistant hose, it isn't expensive...
2 egt sensor is up to you, you can either remove the turbo and put it in the exhaust manifold, which is the preferred place, or in the dump pipe after the turbo, although it isn't as accurate as the turbo will absorb some of the heat giving a lower reading.
3 no, it won't affect the gauge. That's how mine is set up and it works fine.

Back