bull bars for st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ecass

Reaction score
i am just after buy a new st and i want to put a bull bar on it what one do i put on a arb or ironman on it

I would have thought whatever fits the STX would fit the ST so you should have a pretty big range of options available to you. I have an ARB bar and am very happy with it (don't let them tell you the centre loop is stainless though, it is most definately aluminium)

You can also check out TJM and others.

Before considering Ironman, you may wish to check out the Product Reviews section of this site.

But if you do decide to purchase Ironman, ask them if their bullbars come with an airbag compliance statement - that is, a document/sticker which states their bullbars have been tested, comply with relevant ADR's, and do not affect airbag atuation when fitted to X vehicle.

I have the genuine Nissan one on mine, which I believe (possibly incorrectly, but hey it's my little world I live in!) is manufactured by ARB.

Having had a few discussions with the ARB guys, and seeing quite a bit of their gear, I have a fair amount of faith in the people and their products.

I've only heard horror stories about Ironman equipment. Not the most effective way of enticing new customers!

With the bullbar, you must make sure that it is air-bag compliant. Your vehicle is not roadworthy if you do not. If you buy Ironman and the bar does not have an official compliance sticker, you are making your car unroadworthy.

Don't listen to salesmen, either. They are paid to make the sale, not to make sure that you comply with the law.

For my money, ARB would be the choice. They perform compliance testing and have a product that we know works well. Ironman ... well, have a look at the product reviews like Anthony suggested.

Whichever way it goes, welcome to the forum!

Also note that my Thai built D40 kingcab needed a different bullbar to the Spanish D40. The chassis mounting points are different, this may also be relevant on the new Thai build ST model.

I have the genuine Nissan one on mine, which I believe (possibly incorrectly, but hey it's my little world I live in!) is manufactured by ARB.

You are correct Tony.
Nissan just have them manufactured to a lesser spec.
I was sold a steel bar from the pricks at Blackburn Nissan when listing accessories and told it was an ARB Bar - in truth it is but I paid the same amount for a lesser bar. ARB genuine bars vs Nissan bars are chalk and cheese. The ARB bar allows you to mount the winch solenoid in the drivers side wing sealed from the elements and a bit more aesthetically pleasing plus the ARB bar has some serious recovery points the Nissan bar manufactured by ARB has a couple of token efforts.

!

You are correct Tony.
Nissan just have them manufactured to a lesser spec.
I was sold a steel bar from the pricks at Blackburn Nissan when listing accessories and told it was an ARB Bar - in truth it is but I paid the same amount for a lesser bar. ARB genuine bars vs Nissan bars are chalk and cheese. The ARB bar allows you to mount the winch solenoid in the drivers side wing sealed from the elements and a bit more aesthetically pleasing plus the ARB bar has some serious recovery points the Nissan bar manufactured by ARB has a couple of token efforts.

Actually....

I'm not going to get into who makes what. But I have a current model D40 ARB bar. A coupe of things...

The solenoid box for the winch mounts on top of the centre channel. Right up there between the driving lights. Nice and easy to get to, nice and easy to service and maintain. The solenoid box for the winch on my GU Patrol (ARB bar) was mounted inside the bar....what a pain! Service was a nightmare.

Recovery points...none installed on the ARB bar at all. Recovery points on the front of the D40 are the chassis mounted factory items. Well....item (singular) from the factory, itemS (plural) if, like me, you spend Nissan prices and shell out for the additional point for the other side. The current ARB bar for the D40 has high lift jacking points - that is all.

I havet fitted a new sahara bar to my new ST very happy with the bar and the way it looks.

there are 2 types of ST, thai and spanish, make sure you know which it is as they are both slightly different. I'm putting an ARB sahara bar on mine, something different and don't really need headlight protection, the Ironman, you get what you pay for...

Latest posts

Back