Bulbar insurance problems.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but the ASSessor didn't want to b proven wrong

Yup I've had this issue before, it took 4 weeks of delays and a lot of paperwork and phone calls to sort it out but eventually they agreed to what we were asking for.

Assessors can be worse than insurance companies sometimes!

1 thing the ASSessor said was what if the lady that hit u isn't insured and has 2 pay 4 it out of her own pocket, I didn't like it much.

What sh1t, what is this guy trying to manipulate you now? PATHETIC!!!
I would refuse to deal with him, and talk to the ins co.
He is paid to save the ins co $.
All the time billing them for his "negotiations" with you.
Who is your ins with?

RACQ I've never had an issue with them b4 I have my house n 3cars with them n been with them 4 10 years but this ASSessor is making me change my mind

Oh and he is the RACQ ASSessor I'm not sure what quals they have but he needs to b retested

Maybe tell RACQ that you may change.
You have to be patient, wait him out.
I had a household claim just b4 the QLD floods and my co kept carrying on B/S until I told em I would go to another co.
Or you could just let em repair it, and if it looks like crap then make em replace it???
They are very weak after all.

You should have told the guys you got a quote off you wanted it replaced.
If they didnt agree just go to another repair shop.
I had a really similar incident to what you had with a plain powdercoated steel bar, except very minor damage.
I ended up with the bar replaced and colour coded in 2pak and a set of wheel arch flares added.
Just got both the repair shops to quote it all as I requested.
I learnt the hard way how to deal with insirance companies, I cant stress enough to choose your words carefully!!! as it can make or break the deal in your favour or against.
Good luck mate hope it works out.
Either way the Insurance GUARANTEES its repair for the life of the vechile it has to be equivelant to that as it was prior to the accident.
If it looks shit you have every right to demand the repair rectified.

Yeah my repairer did quote a new 1 n when it went in 4 the assessment the ASSessor said he is going to repair it. If I just go with getting it repaired then RACQ wipes their hands n I'm in a fight with the guy that repairs it.

Update RACQ are not going to cover the bulbar at all now because it wasn't on my policy even though it was the ladies fault because we r both insured through RACQ apparently it goes off what is on my policy. Ahh the fight continues STILL NOT HAPPY.

Update RACQ are not going to cover the bulbar at all now because it wasn't on my policy even though it was the ladies fault because we r both insured through RACQ apparently it goes off what is on my policy. Ahh the fight continues STILL NOT HAPPY.

Thats crap your policy might not have your b/bar listed, But it shouldn,t matter as your claiming on her,s even though its the same company

Oh don't worry I'm taking all my policies and running but unfortunately that's not helping me with this issue. I was thinking suncorp I've heard some good things about them. Yeah it's crap that it supposedly goes off my policy, so I was better off being uninsured.

Just file a claim against them, i'm sure if they think your going that way they might change their position . I'm no lawyer but i can't see how they can use your policy against you when your not the one at fault. When i had suncorp pay for a repair they allowed me to just pay difference from the replacement of bumper cost and a bullbar to fit the bullbar without any question.

have you considered contacting the media? Im sure the friendly folk at a few 4x4 magazines, or Drive.com.au or even today tonight etc would be interested in another battler V insurance co story.

Id be contacting them with the information you have and get them to start making their enquiries, you could suddenly find your claim has been processed.

Take it to the ombudsmen, i bet you see some action as soon as they get a letter asking them to explain the situation.

A few years ago i had an accident on the freeway, where the car that was involved ended up veering off the road and was written off.
To cut a long story short my insurer was not going to pay the claim. After a long fight with them i took it to the ombudsmen, and what do you know. They sent a letter saying that out of goodwill they would cover it, and i would just pay the excess.
The ombudsmen didnt have to do anything really, they just wanted to get the insurance companies version. Well thats all it took. I was stoked i didnt have to pay $47590 out of my own pocket...... or should i say pay it off.

any way give the ombudsmen a call, it cant hurt.

If you are in south east Qld then I know the bloke that would be fixing it, he does an amazing job. I can understand your concern but I know that he will often turn down orders from insurance companies and tell them they need to be replaced if he has a concern about strength. There is bugger all Strength to an alloy bar anyway, as you can see by the damage done at servo speeds.

I'm sure it mite look ok but it won't be the same or can't guarantee it won't be the same as b4 it was hit so as I was not at fault I should not have to deal with the stuff around. Ombudsmen is the next step or media. Oh and also I have been waiting for RACQ to get back to me for a week now.....

Yeah go to ACA, I get bored at 7pm and there isn't enough hoon stories on ACA already, lets see something good for a change.

Latest posts

Back