Budget Mud terrains

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snave

Reaction score
There seems to be a few different ones available
Summit mud hog
XMT Mudder
Goodride
Pinnacle grizzly grip
Federal couragia mt
Deestone mudclawer
Most of these are in the $200-$250 price range anybody using any of these or any other budget MT's tell us how you rate them,

Deestone were absolutly CRAP!! massive vibration from new that would never balance out, ended up swapping for Bighorns....
Federals wear badly and very noisey on road.

Up to you, but if on road perfromance (virbation noise etc) isn't an issue then get what ever cheap mudder you want but if you want the car to at least drive good on the highway then save some more for Bighorns. Have had 4 sets on various 4b's and they are a bit noisey but do everything else really good. Bob Jane did have them for $295 ech (265/75R16) but availabilty was an issue...

i've got Hercules trail digger mts, got them for $280 each. first set of muddies, not to much to compare them to. seem to be pretty good so far. As for noise i was expecting worse, so i'm pretty happy with that. They balanced out OK, no "new" vibrations after they went on. Only done maybe 10,000kms on them so i don't know what the wear rate is like. My mate just got some gt radial Savero Komodo M/T, think he paid just under 300 each. I like the looks of them and they seem to be a tinny bit quieter on the highway. the Hercules are made in Canada or the states, so i thought they might be a tad better build, material quality then Asian type tyres, only assuming that but.

Latest posts

Back