broken sensor? on radiator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgladwin

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I noticed while installing my light bar yesterday that there is a broken electrical connector/sensor/solenoid?? at the top drivers side of my radiator next to the end of the battery. Looks like something to do with the air conditioning? I have attached a couple of photos which I hope will help someone identify what the broken piece is and what it does.

It must have happened on our last trip when the radiator decided it didn't want to sit where it normally should and proceeded to jump about (worn out rubber mounts now fixed). It must have shifted towards the battery and has broken while rubbing/banging up against the battery.

Any help appreciated on this one.

EDIT: Maybe a refrigerant pressure sensor?

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

• IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Definitely belongs to the air conditioning system. I'm not an aircon mechanic but it looks like the refrigerant pressure sensor. Might want that looked at before the big heat arrives!

what tony said
looks like a h/p cut off for air con circuit
does aircon still work?

Yeah air con still works.
It is still hanging on by a "thread" and maybe that thread is still allowing it to work.
Local dealer quoted $150 but will see what Nizzbits can do.

If it's aircon, it's technically illegal to replace the sensor yourself - can't vent the gas to the atmosphere. You'd need to have the system evacuated of gas before replacing the sensor and regassing.

Unfortunately, the price of the sensor is probably going to be the cheapest part of the deal.

Thanks Doc,
I'm not worried about that in my case, my brother in law is licensed and will do it for me.
Thanks for the concern though, it may prevent others doing the wrong thing.

If it's aircon, it's technically illegal to replace the sensor yourself - can't vent the gas to the atmosphere. You'd need to have the system evacuated of gas before replacing the sensor and regassing.

Unfortunately, the price of the sensor is probably going to be the cheapest part of the deal.

that's correct
and you need a cfc/hcfc ticket to use and purchase the gas
technically speaking your air con guy should be able to pump down most of the the gas into accumilator and quickly refit sensor loosing minimal gas
but be careful
there are some shady characters in the air con industry
I would first try to reseat sensor and set it with araldite as its still working

Back