broken bottom rear shock mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgladwin

Reaction score
Well as the name of the thread suggests, my right hand rear bottom shock mount decided to rip off the axle housing on a recent trip up the Oodnadatta Track and Finke Desert Race trip we did over the last couple of weeks.
Didn't break off completely until we got through Finke and were finding a spot to camp along the track.

Have attached a couple of pics for you to see what happened.
Please note the lack of penetration in one of the welds on the side of the mount. Nissan of course don't want to know anything about it because its 3.5 years out of warranty. it is clearly a manufacturing fault. I also asked if i could get a new mount so it would be easier to weld back on. But they don't do that, you have to buy the whole diff housing for $5,500!!

So after all that, I am getting some custom mounts made up and welded to the axle housing. Going to cut the other mount off and put custom ones on as after further inspection, one of the welds on LHS mount is also cracked.

Will post some pics of the new mounts when they are made and installed.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 112
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 130
at least the damage was easy to spot! That sucks mate - will be interested to see the fix.

Finke is an awesome spot - hope the trip was good otherwise

Here is the new mount made up.

One has already been installed and this one pictured will go on when the factory one on the other side gives up. Turns out it wasn't cracked so gunna leave it for now.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1622.jpg
    IMG_1622.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 76
you should place the mounts higher up the diff so you get more dowm travel/ invert them seen as you have to change!

Back