Brodie's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so after a bit of stuffing around trying to sort out where I am going to mount this Oil Cooler I just bought I ended up putting an Intercooler on.
I had to remove the 80series Airbox and re-install the QD32 one. So far so good. A bit more responsive and seems to have lowered EGT a bit. See how it goes after I install a bonnet scoop.
IMG_20120203_195259.jpg

I have also changed the dash lighting around to Red LED lights. The picture is worse then the actual light but it does have dull spots.
IMG_20120203_200134.jpg

Alright so to combat my right foot and the EGT raising so quickly I have bought this oil cooler kit off ebay which comes with a plate that goes between the oil filter and the block to feed and return oil.
I mounted the cooler behind the bull bar but well in front of the radiator to reduce heat transfer.
Anyway here are a few pics of the cooler.
oilcooler.jpgIMG_20120204_102157.jpgIMG_20120204_102812.jpgIMG_20120204_102831.jpg
The EGT drop away a lot quicker than before and it seems to run a bit cooler. I would recommend doing this IF you have upped your boost and are running a high setting on a chip.
Cost all up:
$23 for new oil filter
$206 for kit
$7 for the galv steel bracket.
Total: $246

Last edited:
Ok so I have had a slight oil leak since I put the oil cooler on and I know it is this bloody sandwich plate. Have had it out a few times to try and tighten it. So I'm off to autobarn to get some Permatex sealant and I will take the bloody thing out and give it a good clean and cover every thread in Loctite 542. See if that fixes it...

Last edited:
Nahh they are in the right way. The series 1 only has 5 spots for the back lighting so it does not spread to well. Looking at getting better wide spread LEDs but for the moment its not a priority.

Its just a kit off ebay, uses a Sandwich plate between the oil filter and the block.
I will let you know how it is once I fix this bloody leak.

After having a look at Bluenavara's build thread on Club Frontier I have decided that I will get a K&N Apollo air filter as this seems to be the best for my build design. I have a suspicion that the QD32 airbox on the angle it sits on at the moment is to restrictive.

Ok so after something letting loose last night on the way to the missus place I decided it was time to take the oil cooler off till I could asses it properly. Turns out the crimp seal on one of the hoses is bust. The Ebay seller has gone on "holidays" and has 1 item left in their inventory. I have bought a few things from them and they were good.

I will head out to my local hose experts tomorrow, Hose Suppliers Australia, who were more then bloody helpful when I was putting the turbo one.
They should be able to fix me up with everything I need and then we will see how it goes.

Hey mate, great progress with the Nav... Have you formed a view on your Nankang mud tyres yet? Are you happy with them? Would you buy them again? Good performance?

Cheers, Ry

Cheers Rant.

I went out specifically to buy the Nankang Mudstars as they are a copy of the Maxxis Buckshot except a harder compound. I was given a second hand set of Maxxis Buckshot 31x10.5 with 40% tread that a friend had owned since new, which were on my old rig. He bought Mudstars 32x11.5 and by the time his were starting to wear the Buckshots were near slicks. They have lasted a while on road and do quite well offroad, they have only let me down once when they filled with clay on a steep hill.

I have just finished installing the new hoses on the oil cooler and I will do a write up once I know if it has stopped leaking or not.
I bought speedflow fittings for it and some rubber hose suited to the pressure and heat. Should work a charm.

Thanks Mate, we have a independant tyre guy down here that has the nankang brand and i am starting to research my options to replace the bridgestone, dunlop handcock custom set up i am running at the moment..... I didnt realise they were the same as the buckshot. They look good on your truck...

Ok so here is the link to the write up on the oil cooler install.
Installing an Oil Cooler.

No leaks, No problem! Now I just need to get it re-tuned to sit on the highway without getting to hot.
Also I am still chasing the measurements for the back corners of the bonnet scoop from the sides and back of the bonnet.
The scoop is looking to be a go since I have been able to get the intecooler in where I wanted it. Just need to get it painted as I forgot to ask when I had the roof re-painted.

I have made a few decision lately and for now the Navara is on hold. It is at a level that I quite like with only the 2" lift missing. I have started work on restoring my motorbike back to a level at which it should be. For anyone interested it is a Honda Z50 K1 1969.

Anyway in the Nav I have just replaced the Glow Plugs and fitted a K&N Apollo air filter.
No more white smoke when cold which is bloody awesome. I have fiddled around with the intake and now just need to get it tuned again. Then on with the bonnet scoop and that is it for a while.

Latest posts

Back