Boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetti2688

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if u can increase the boost on a yd25 with out a chip i allreddy have a 3" zorst just want more boost

Yes any car can increase boost with a boost controller. But more boost doesn't mean more power..... There i no point increasing boost pressure if there is no increase fuel delivery to match. Boost can be detrimental if you ramp it up with no increases in fuel, basically making it run lean... and vice versa if you had a chip and ran low boost= smoke and rich. If your car is currently atomising the fuel being delivered and not blowing smoke then.. the only thing by increase boost SLIGHTLY in your case might drop EGT under load but only if you dont push it to much... towards lean.

You want a balance in fuel and boost to keep EGT on track. If you get a chip add about 3psi. Depending on chip tune.

stock zd30- touch under 15psi. With chip on mid setting im running it up to just under 18psi.

hope that helps. If you still want more boost get a boost controller.

Mine is basically standard and runs 17psi i was hoping to amp it up to 20 with out a chip cause im a tight ass and would prefer to buy a lokka instead i under stand in petrol cars to run more boost u need more fuel so is that the same for disels ?

short story, with a diesel the more boost you run without more fuel the lower your egt will be. but remember if you try and put too much air in without enough fuel you will make less power and end up breaking things...

in a diesel engine you can't make more power without more fuel, but the more fuel you put in the higher your egt will be. that's why chip companies ramp up the fuel and then turn up the boost to match so the egt "stays" the same as the factory set level.

That won't be any good anyway since the zd30 isn't common rail. Northside who have a thread in the sponsors area have a unichip that is quite good apparently. Have a look in there, they are based in brissy too I think

Solder in an 8k ohm resistor in the brown wire of the pressure control valve found at the front of the inter-cooler. This will up boost by 10% and get the egt's down. You will see the valve if you look through the grill on the front rhs It has a plug with 3 wires. The middle is the brown one.
Have done this my self.Def help in xtra power but I do run duel chips.
Total cost around 20 cents.

Solder in an 8k ohm resistor in the brown wire of the pressure control valve found at the front of the inter-cooler. This will up boost by 10% and get the egt's down. You will see the valve if you look through the grill on the front rhs It has a plug with 3 wires. The middle is the brown one.
Have done this my self.Def help in xtra power but I do run duel chips.
Total cost around 20 cents.

Thanks rickstar that sounds very ineresting might have to suss it out do u have ur egr blocked off at all

The d22 yd25 has a different turbo to the d40. I have a boost controller set at,16psi and a chipit chip at setting 10. Gives me great power but still runs rich I think. More boost may fix this problem but I'm gonna get it tuned on a dyno to get the better result

Latest posts

Back