boost controller install D22 navara ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do you want to do this?

they have a decent amount of boost from factory, you're better off installing a boost gauge and egt gauge if you do crank the boost.

why do you want to do this?

they have a decent amount of boost from factory, you're better off installing a boost gauge and egt gauge if you do crank the boost.

i already have boost gauge fitted and the reason is i want to be able to adjust when needed cause at the moment with all the mode been done it should be doing better than 15PSI?

i have computer checked no faults, 3" mandrel bent exhaust straight through, egr/butterfly mod, and 15PSI just aint rite that means all mode iv'e done were pointless.

Last edited:
Need to t-piece between actuator and turbo. The arrow goes from actuator to turbo. The black hose is about 1-2 inches long

guys i know with zd30's reckon they're pretty good, not gutless compared to the yd25 which is 18psi factory.

150K, how about an injector service? you may benefit more with improved fuel econo, more power, etc

I'm going to have mine with a dual stage to go to 18 and 21 psi for when I'm going uphills and/or towing. But that's with egr mod. Exhaust fmic and snorkal

guys i know with zd30's reckon they're pretty good, not gutless compared to the yd25 which is 18psi factory.

150K, how about an injector service? you may benefit more with improved fuel econo, more power, etc

yea well m8 if i could get 18 psi i'd be happy that why i'm asking how to install 1? i have serviced this thing religiously every 5k and i have had the vehicle since 42k i regularly run good quality injector cleaner through it, i just don't understand why it's so gutless with the mods it's got and the way it's maintained?

try go for a test drive in another zd30 nav to compare.

if the other has more power and isnt as gutless then something must be up with yours

if not then just a typical small engine diesel haha

No that is the map sensor line

well on mine where the boost gauge is "T'ed in goes to the boost controller

try go for a test drive in another zd30 nav to compare.

if the other has more power and isnt as gutless then something must be up with yours

if not then just a typical small engine diesel haha

m8 i have driven yd25 and it's just eats the nav! just about anything leaves it for dead! i think mainly because boost come on so late i don't really start getting any good up and go till about 2200-2500RPM?

to give an idea i couldn't go through a 2foot ditch in high 4 without it wanting to stall or me having to rev the piss out of it

Last edited:
yd25 turbo kicks in well around 2000rpmish

anything below and its awful gutless.

you could always get the engine tuned slightly better to give it more power? might come on boost quicker too?

yeah, i would suggest you go for a drive in another one to compare.
it could be you have a fault such as boost sensor.

boost wise, usually exhaust increases boost a little bit. but you won't get a big power gain. its not like a petrol where increasing boost increases power. to increase power on a diesel you need to pour in more fuel ie chip it. boost on its own doesn't increase it much.

tho a boost controller will help get the boost up sooner which can help with pickup. however i would not increase boost without fitting an intercooler. 15+ psi with no IC is pushing it.

2greedy said:
to give an idea i couldn't go through a 2foot ditch in high 4 without it wanting to stall or me having to rev the piss out of it

Ever thought about the actual incline of the "little ditch" if it's straight up well then of course you will need power to get out of a little hole. But a slight incline won't need power. Use your head plus physics.

ok guy's well just as an experiment i disconnected the hose that comes off the actuator on turbo just to see what it would give and it was giving 21psi but don't worry i don't intend leaving it like that, next thing on the agenda is manual boost valve.

now guy's? if it set it at say 18psi would that be ok?

i would keep the boost at 15psi. if you have an intercooler 18psi will be fine.
you still have to remmeber your not goin to get much more power without adding fuel. also with high boost you run the risk that the ECU will start to cut back the fuel and you end up with less power.

Back