Bogaard timer - elusive brown / yellow handbrake wire

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a d22 2002, zd30 and have just installed the bogaard turbo timer. It's running great and was easy to install but stuffed if i can find this handbrake wire to splice into.

I've read a bunch of posts that say there is a brown / yellow wire on the left hand side of the steering wheel in one of the wiring harnesses, but it's just not there in mine (I've checked 3 times). I can confirm that the handbrake switch definitely has a brown / yellow wiring coming off it as I checked and it goes under the passenger seat and then around up behind the glove box but I just can't find it at the other en where expected.

I've attached a picture of the only brow. / yellow wire I can find which is in a brown plug with a bunch of other wires. Can anybody confirm if this is the correct one?

Otherwise I can run a long wire all the way down to under the passenger seat but it seems sloppy and unnecessary...

Thanks in advance,

-scott ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405119532.022731.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405119547.387264.jpg

If you've got a multimeter just put it on the continuity check setting and unplug it from the handbrake end, then check the one in that plug with the one from the handbrake lever and see if there is continuity. If there is then it is the right one.... If not, you can just run a wire down under the Centre console and splice into the wire on the lever itself....

Can't help with the colours, but from memory of reading other posts, I thought it hooked up to the wire that goes to your hand brake light on the dash. I've got the older bogaard without the handbrake wire, so I'm no help there

The brown and yellow wire everyone is refering to mate actually goes to the back of the instrument cluster and is for the handbrake warning light on the dash. You need to take the instrument surround off (2 screws up the top), then the cluster comes out by undoing 4 screws, then you will see the plug and the brown and yellow wire. I thought I took a photo of it during installation but cant find it. Pull the cluster out and you should be right :)

Hi Ant,

Thanks for clarifying that mate, I feel like a total noob.

I'll have a crack on Monday and report back with pictures as well. It makes total sense what you're saying and I think it is the wire I posted a photo of as tracing it leads towards the back of the instrument panel as you suggested.

Thanks again!

As Ant said it was indeed behind the instrument panel. Soldered it in, works like a charm thanks for your help. Photo attached, hopefully helps somebody in the future.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405313394.783730.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405313405.005941.jpg

Latest posts

Back