body lift legal or not??? in NSW with airbags??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEE8SS

Reaction score
Hey there guys and girls,

justa quick question to see if anyone here knows whether 2inch body lift's are legal or engineerable in NSW???

I live on the nsw/QLD border and have found out that the are in QLD if you fill in the appropriate paper work but can't esem to find any info on it. thanks

Michael

pretty sure if you have air bags then you cant do a body lift at all as you move the crash sensors...

alone 50mm on a non-air bag car is illegal without certification...

here in WA you can do a 150mm body lift max, but of course needs to be certified

Yeah I will have to though some one may have already done that to see if there was a definitive answer like yes or no.... but it seem's it is different what each engineer in NSW is happy to do.

Its kind of annoying liek that though as it seem's every engineer (NSW anyway) has the rite to interpret what they think the guidelines for modification are.

I have biult many many tough street and race cars for customers that have gone through the whole process of engineering both NSW and QLD and have found that according to what I had modifyed determines which engineer I send them too.

The worst part about NSW is with the new laws that have come in is that no matter if you have your engineer's paper work with you or not every police officer has the rite to determine your vehicle defective!!!! so F^%ks me why anyone would bother these days with it. I have been driving my various cars over the last 10 years and have never had one of them engineered and Also have never been hassled or defected when pulled over by police.

The only important thing I see the need for my NAVARA to be engineered is for the insurance factor... so I will look into it and see how i go

i read that in NSW, you can only now only go 50mm max, that's suspension AND body lift combined, is this true?

Latest posts

Back