Big thud coming from rear end

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav.22

Reaction score
Hi guys I have abit of a problem went out for a bit of a 4b on the weekend don't go out much maybe second time this year. When I jumped in the car after leaving it over night I go to take of and I hear a big thud coming from the rear some were i think maybe the diff ?? its happened both mornings but only on first start up would any body know what's wrong thank

Yeah I'm about to pull the drum apart and have a look and wash them out

Just pulled both rear drums apart pretty clean in them still hosed them out didn't seen to be any think out of place only replaces pads and cylinders at Xmas just past so back to the drawing board

I'm not to sure I will have a look tomorrow follow it back. When u took the hand brake of and was just idling it felt like the brake was on then just slowly released the clutch to roll forward just heard a big thud after that every think was working fine there's abit of play in the drive shaft about 3 mm left to right that's normal ?

If your talking about the center bearing? There is a small amount of play, shouldn't be enough for it to jump around

Yeah ok then well tomorrow I will trace the hand brake and go from there

From reading the thread title, one could have thought you were really, really scared by something.

I'd wonder about the handbrake, but also have a look at the leaf spring mounts.

Haha I didn't notice that lol I will have a good look tomorrow and I will fill use in

had a look today it was just a bit of mud around the handbrake near the driver side drums problem fixed pressure hose

Latest posts

Back