Best front shocks - Urgent replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look up Eshocks and choose Nissan frontier 4wd up to 2004 from memory, they are the same as our D22 utes.

Greg

I am about researched out, and are going with the Bilsteins all round + stone guards for the rear.

Have sent an email to Eshocks to get an idea on freight, can you remember how much it was to get them here.

Cheers and beers :cheers!:

If they don't have the right ones try climaxsuspension.com.au they are Australian and have a few variants on both the bilsteins and konis. Very good vendor.

I am about researched out, and are going with the Bilsteins all round + stone guards for the rear.

Have sent an email to Eshocks to get an idea on freight, can you remember how much it was to get them here.

Cheers and beers :cheers!:

I ordered them in 2 Lots, firstly just fronts for mine and I think with freight it was $230 all up. Then set of four for my neighbour and rears for mine and the cost was $630 or so for the 6 incl freight. The exchange rate was a bit better then but still a bargain.

Regards

Greg

Go Bilstein. I bought mine from the USA and they were $80 each USD. Freight was reasonable and ordered on line, they were on my door in 4 Days.

They transform how a D22 rides.

Greg

How do they feel when driving? I have EFS elite on front and unsure whats on back and the ride is ridiculously stiff. Im looking for a smoother ride as i drive the Nav a fair bit.. Any tips would be awesome!

How do they feel when driving? I have EFS elite on front and unsure whats on back and the ride is ridiculously stiff. Im looking for a smoother ride as i drive the Nav a fair bit.. Any tips would be awesome!

The ride is transformed.. the jarring is gone.. most noticeable in the front.

If they don't have the right ones try climaxsuspension.com.au they are Australian and have a few variants on both the bilsteins and konis. Very good vendor.

When you used climax what leaf spring and torsion bar set up did you go with? I'm hoping to get some on feedback on their in house gear.

Cheers

Ballzy

Old Man Emu all round - 50mm - shocks in front, torsion bar and 250 springs with everlast bags in the rear.

The bags can get a bit bouncy in the rough but throttle control and the rear locker calm things down. I go all over Kosciusko, Vic High Country and did a 3 month run up to Kakadu, Litchfield (including the Reynolds track), all over the Kimberly and back to the ACT.

No dramas and the OME is going well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back