Battery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is going to be a silly question but.

I got a flat tyre last week, so i left the truck out the front and have been driving my missus little astra around for the past week and a bit.
Anyway yesterday i went to start the truck to move it undercover so i can change the tyre. Well first off the car kicked first go, *stupid me, forgetting i havertn started it in a week and instead of leaving it run for a bit, i put it into first and atempted to drive up a little hill, and it stalled straight away. Now because i know diesels need a high arc to kick them, im just wondering because it now sits and attempts to kick over but just wont start? Am i correct in believing this would be my battery not getting enough?

I tried to jump using my missus car (knowing it would fail) but yea still had nothing.. any help would be great?

Put a multi meter on it and check the volts, check the out put on your missus car and check its going to your battery through the jump cables. I had a similar prob the other week, tried jumping off my missus car but wouldn't start. Checked the volts, and the continuity of the jump leads was crap. Cut and reconnected the clamps and it worked.

Check the power output on the navara end of the jumper leads... And possibly try a firmer connection on the misses car battery.

Cheers guys. Sorry for the late reply.

Got it kicked over after i turned off the alarm...weird. But now i think its time for a service. wed here i come.
It shall be my first attempt. Downloading the manul..never done a service. Shall i worry about anything??

If your changing your fuel its a good idea to clamp your fuel lines, mine needed air pumped into the fuel tank to help get fuel up after I forgot to clamp the lines

might be time for a new battery, my century HD one is getting a tad harder to start and its about 3 years old so if (assuming here) you have never replaced it I can only imagine what its cca would be like by now.

might be time for a new battery, my century HD one is getting a tad harder to start and its about 3 years old so if (assuming here) you have never replaced it I can only imagine what its cca would be like by now.

Supercrap will do a battery test for free and tell you it's cca.

Latest posts

Back