Autron gauges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These gauges aren't cheap mate!!
I'd be looking at auto meter, I bought my boost gauge for 95 and EGT for 130, both off eBay brand new in box.

Why oil pressure?
If you haven't got a boost gauge then get boost over oil pressure

Have a look at Dave's build thread.

He once posted a price list for Autron, not sure if that meant he used them or not but a quick read of his thread should tell you.

I've just purchased the autron pillar pod for my d22 , did a quick dummy fit and it's spot on. They seem like a hi quality gauge and being able to have a 2 in 1 gauge is great for saving space . I plan on running a boost/egt and a water temp/oil pressure set up

Hi JMG
I have the Autron gauges and I love them.
I had a pod gauge made up by siome one here on the forum for 2 gauges:
Gauge 1 = EGT; Boost; Fridge temp
Gauge 2 = Oil pressure; Transmission oil temperature

Only problem was with the oil pressure sensor supplied with the gauge that was faulty.

IMAG0554.jpg

Hi JMG
I have the Autron gauges and I love them.
I had a pod gauge made up by siome one here on the forum for 2 gauges:
Gauge 1 = EGT; Boost; Fridge temp
Gauge 2 = Oil pressure; Transmission oil temperature

Only problem was with the oil pressure sensor supplied with the gauge that was faulty.

View attachment 15140

Hi mgermasi,

Given that it seems Autron gauges can't be bought as they're in administration could you recommend any other quality gauges that you may have come across?

I'd love to be monitoring that same things but would add to the voltage of dual batteries...

Cheers,

-Scott

They arent in administration actually. They have been taken over by Redarc.

The products will be available in the near future.

I think the pricing of the gauges is super cheap for what you get.
Gauge that has an adjustable alarm both audible and visible via the change in color is worth alot in my books.

Not having to constantly look at the gauge makes it so much safer than any other option.

The accuracy of them is also so much more superior to other brands out there.

Hi mgermasi,

Given that it seems Autron gauges can't be bought as they're in administration could you recommend any other quality gauges that you may have come across?

I'd love to be monitoring that same things but would add to the voltage of dual batteries...

Cheers,

-Scott

Was just doing some digging and saw that Redarc actually acquired that business unit of Autron. More info here: http://www.redarc.com.au/products/product/monitoring-gauges/

I'll call them in the morning and get some more details etc.

They arent in administration actually. They have been taken over by Redarc.

The products will be available in the near future.

I think the pricing of the gauges is super cheap for what you get.
Gauge that has an adjustable alarm both audible and visible via the change in color is worth alot in my books.

Not having to constantly look at the gauge makes it so much safer than any other option.

The accuracy of them is also so much more superior to other brands out there.

Hi DieselTuner,

Apologies for the misinformation, I had made the assumption that given I couldn't call them on the phone or visit the website and the link below that they were indeed in administration.

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov....07324110/d4ae2826-04d6-4d07-9b29-622ce1a129d5

The gauges certainly do look to be the best I've seen. What sort of price are they?

Cheers,

-Scott

The egt/boost gauge was $400, coolant temp and oil pressure was $260.

Most vdo/autometer pyros are around the $330 mark anyway, so its pretty good vaule for money.

I decided to buy them after i went to visit their factory. In fact i was so impressed with what I saw that I bought them the very same day.
As Diesel tuner said you don't need to look at them you can set the alarm for every sensor and it will beep at you and start flashing RED.
The built in software is extremely smart.
Connected to the dash light they even change background colour and dim to night time mode.

Good luck

Max

I decided to buy them after i went to visit their factory. In fact i was so impressed with what I saw that I bought them the very same day.
As Diesel tuner said you don't need to look at them you can set the alarm for every sensor and it will beep at you and start flashing RED.
The built in software is extremely smart.
Connected to the dash light they even change background colour and dim to night time mode.

Good luck

Max

Hey Max,

I bought the Autron gauges (EFT/boost and dual volts) and very happy with how they're performing. But for the life of me can't work out how to connect the brown wire as it mentions in the instructions here:

"Brown gauge illumination wire - connect to the negative end of any dash light. Make sure you choose a dash light that dims so that the gauge illumination dims with the rest of the dash lights."

I've just got it grounded for now, stuffed if I can find 'the negative end of a dash light that dims' I have no idea how to find it / test it etc.

This is becoming important because I can see glare on my right window which is not ideal when I'm turning right into a dark street at night...

Could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back