Autometer Pyrometer Flickering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Morning all. About 2 weeks ago now I installed an Autometer Boost and Pyro in the nav, both gauges have been working flawlessly.....until now. The pyro has decided it wants to act up. The needle doesnt sit steady any more and just keeps flickering all over the place. It does it during normal driving and idling, but is even worse when indicating, using wipers etc, which to me seems like its suffering from some sort of electrical interference. So first thing I did was check my earth. Seemed ok, but tried a new one just in case. Still no good. So then I run a new earth to the engine, still no good. Then I run its earth straight to the battery, still no good. So then I thought maybe its the 12v feed, so I tried a new power supply, didnt fix it. Then run it straight to the battery and low and behold, still didnt fix it. I have checked the bolt together connections from the main harness to the probe harness, also removed the probe and cleaned it. Problem is still there. Until now nothing has changed in the car since its been installed that would cause it to play up. Has anyone had a similar issue, or any other ideas on what to check/troubleshoot? Has got me stumped hey :hmmmm2:

Check the sensor wire. I had this issue with another Autometer gauge and it ended up being a half-broken sensor wire.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the pyro meter sensor works with a thermocouple that changes its resistance with heat.

Grab a multi meter and put it on ohms and see what it's putting out. It shouldn't be changing fairly slowly. Not sure what values.

This would let you know if it's your prob or gauge that's playing upz

Latest posts

Back