Aussie bush music.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Sitting outside under the gum trees, sipping on a beer, and the most magnificent music echoed from above.

The kookaburra.

Simply fantastic Aussie bush music.

Bloody magnificent.

Cheers,

Darren.

Haha, gotta love the NAVARA forum, I was on my drive the other day and there was a couple that had been watchin me from directly above and started singing, was awesome. Was watchin a wedgetail at work today for about 20 mins, directly above me, got so close could see all it markings and hear it, reckon it was about 2 meter wingspan(?), amazing.

Hah.............all my ridgies are sleeping!

Love those eagles too, so majestic.

We also get king parrots and black cockies coming in to feed on the fruit trees, pine cones and the seed we leave out. Great to watch and listen to their calls.

Yeah I was putting out seed for king Parrots but we were also gettin cockies and they eat my neighbors western red cedar house so I've stopped! I like the currawongs (think thats what theyre called). Tana (my ridgie!) gets really grumpy after about 8pm, she's a morning dog, our Maltese Shihtzu is like me loves sleepin in and staying up late, but unfortunately I have to get up for work at 4.30 tomorrow!

I hear ya Dave!

Initially we had some sulphurs and galahs, but they moved on for some reason. My house is cedar, and I was concerned about the sulphurs eating it, but they left and the 'nice' birds came in - we also get the crimson rosellas - nice birds. Who needs a cage when the birds camp near the backdoor!

Attachments

• DSCF6743.jpg
    DSCF6743.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF6745.jpg
    DSCF6745.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF6732.jpg
    DSCF6732.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I do a bit of kayak fishing & was up a river last year and paddled right past a pair of Sea Eagles, they just watched me & let me go past, very privileged.
I see a lot from the kayak, seems like the animals don't mind me on it, likely don't feel threatened, I know the bloody fish shouldn't feel threatened!

Heading of to Bermagui on Wednesday and I always take the kayak and head up the river - see heaps of bird life and fish (can never see 'em when trying to catch 'em.)

Love the kayak - great way to cruise around.

Last edited:
Awe Bermi isn't just good for fishing, bolting everything down so the locals don't walk off with it is always fun too.

No marlin up the river Joe!

It is one of the nicest places I have ever been to, and that's why we have been going back for 10 years. Never had an issue with locals, fishermen or visitors.

Anyway - let's get back on topic. Cheers.

No bush music tonight - too hot for the birds to be out making music - it is very quiet outside at our place.

Last edited:
so its a town full of bogans,,

The locals aren't bogans, they come across the lake 10 to a dinghy and wander through the caravan park and eventually make it into town to get their booze supplies.

We know the owners of the caravan park on the lake and have had a caravan in there long term for nearly 20 years, providing nothing is in sight they don't break in to things but if you leave fishing rods in the back of the ute and don't watch them chances are they wont be there for long.

But on the upside Billy Connolly made it out alive after filming the Man Who Sued God so it can't be all bad.

Hmm, that reminds me, the old cicada has been a bit thin on the ground/in the trees this year. Must have known it was going to be a stinker and stayed below for another year.

Plenty people have got Marlin from Kayak, not me though!
Will probably head up to Coffs around March for a crack at a Spanish Mackeral though

Attachments

• kayakfishing_marlin.jpg
    kayakfishing_marlin.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back