assistance please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maty

Reaction score
hi all….
i have a spanish 08 d40 2.5l…. roughly 125km…
i am currently having problems with excessive black smoke when driving…
after long trips on freeway it is reduced a lot but once back in city traffic it slowly gets worse….
I've put injector cleaner through it and have tried the ecu reset trick…
also it likes to go into limp mode at the most random occasions

I'd guess at the turbo vac hoses or the solenoid. Is she down on power when this happens? Check the actuator movement first (it's the easiest). At idle, the little arm underneath the actuator should move in and out around 3-5mm. If it's not moving, either you're losing vacuum to a leak or the solenoid's shot.

Check the hoses next, if you can easily turn a hose on its connector then the hose has hardened internally and won't be sealing.

If the hoses look ok they may well be, and it might be the solenoid. There's an electrical connector going to the solenoid, look for battery voltage on its terminals with a multimeter (it actually pulses rapidly but your multimeter won't show that).

Last thing it could be - it's happened twice that I know of - the vacuum part in the brake booster has died. Hope it's not that, if your brakes are dodgy and you've replaced the vac hoses then it's your booster leaking the vac and killing the turbo.

Of course, it could be the vac pump itself - doesn't happen often.

Exactly as Old.Tony has said.. busted / deteriorated Vacuum hose or the Boost Control Solenoid.. Possibly both..

Given the KM's you've done, id replace all the Vacuum hoses anyway (cheap insurance) from memory about 5m of it from Supercheap will suffice..

Matty.. Start from the Turbo Actuator and work out.. There is a LINE TIDY there that the lines clamp onto to keep them out of the way..

You'll have ONE long one that goes to the drivers side of the engine (That's the Vacuum line) that'll go across to the Boost Control unit near the Airbox.. You'll then have one going from the Boost Control to the Actuator on the Turbo.. And you'll have 1 more going from the Boost Control to a connection in the Air Intake pipe..

Just take 1 out, re-run that line - and move on.. Don't take them all out at once - you may get your lines crossed, so to speak.

Latest posts

Back