Anyone else reguarly in the 7L's per 100km's ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reversing cameras can be relationship saving if you're trying to line up the trigg hitch on a trailer, also we have so much shit in our tub & with a canopy on visibility is almost zilch, had to move rear passenger headrests.....yean, reversing cameras are worth it

I don't have a GPS or reversing camera in my terrano but I do get 7ltrs per hundred Kay's.
Got the sat nav and reverse camera in our pajero exceed and don't use either.
I find the camera a bit off putting actually prefer mirrors and turning my head from side to side.

Rear view camera is useful for judging the distance to an obstacle when reversing - what is wrong with that ?

The problem is people rely on them too much. If a person can not judge distance, can not line up a trailer or can not reverse out of a car park without the aid of a camera they shouldn't be driving at all.

A person should have to prove they can reverse without a camera before getting their license, just like licenses should be mandatory for anyone who wants to tow a trailer because there is too many morons who think their car has a towball so they can tow a trailer.

"Fcuk the state of the trailer, fcuk the way it's loaded, fcuk the limits of the vehcile, the towball gives me the right to tow just like I have the right to drive."

People constantly bitch about how poor drivers skills are these days and how any nufti can get a license and terrorise the road yet put them in a ute or van where they can't see out the back window and suddenly they want aids to help them drive properly.

I have to admit doing a parallel park in my D22 is a little tricky, not saying I can't do them just often its easier to drive a little further and use a straight in sort of park, if I had a little shitbox then yeah I would do them all the times just having a long wheelbase makes it a little more challenging.

I have to admit doing a parallel park in my D22 is a little tricky, not saying I can't do them just often its easier to drive a little further and use a straight in sort of park, if I had a little shitbox then yeah I would do them all the times just having a long wheelbase makes it a little more challenging.

I wish I had your luxury of being allowed to drive a little further! My Missus hates when I don't park as close as possible to our destination. Hahaha. A little trick I've learnt, as parallel parks are usually along streets with shop front windows, is to use the reflection of the shop window so you can see just how close you are getting to the car behind you.

I was getting about 7.7L to 100km when I first stuck the turbo on. Then I went and had it tuned and now it is at 13.8L per 100km. I have been saying it for a good year and a half now but I need to get the fuel turned down a little.

Yeah but to get 7's the way Dave does you just need to pick a 2k stretch of road and measure it instantaneously. Pick the biggest hill you can find and take your foot off the accelerator on the way down and you'll easily get "Dave figures."

We have a new method of measuring economy. Real World figures, instant figures and Dave Figures :sarcastic:

A little trick I've learnt, as parallel parks are usually along streets with shop front windows, is to use the reflection of the shop window so you can see just how close you are getting to the car behind you.

HAHA I do that too!

i have so far done 300klms in my new d40 the guage is sitting at 8.8 lt/100 and that includes 2 trips into the city and a slow stop start trip home today on ipswich rd all with aircon on. that 2 lt/100 better than my forester and it should get better as the frees up a bit with use. i am a happy man :)

8.8 is 2 litres better than your Forrester? What the **** was wrong with it? I used to get 6's and averaged 7's out of my Forrester.

8.8 is 2 litres better than your Forrester? What the **** was wrong with it? I used to get 6's and averaged 7's out of my Forrester.

2.5 turbo auto and i liked to use the power.

the worst i got was last year 28 lt/100 towing my camper trailer between Winton and Richmond QLD

Using the power is one thing but 10lph out of such a small car is ridiculous. That post should be stickied to every "My Nav gets bad economy because I can't get it below 12lph" thread.

120 000 ks when i sold it 10.8 average usage on the gauge.

i agree not the best for a smallish wagon but i mostly forgave it because it was fun to drive.

oh and that usage was 98 premium fuel 5-10 cents /Lt more than diesel

hence why i am so happy with the Nav

Shit I don't blame you, I'd be happy getting rid of something that did regular 10's too.

my mums auto 2.5 forestor likes a drink, even on the highway it can't get under 10's

We can't get better that 10 from our 2.5l manual forester (and that's driving miss daisy style). On average it's worse than my 250k ZD30. And the clutches in them are piss weak (dual mass fly wheel to boot). And they rattle. And they're smaller on the inside than you'd expect. And they're loud. And they're a piss of shit Subaru -- which were once a great make!

Geez my '05 wasn't that bad and mums '12 isn't that bad either. Dad constantly gets high 6's out of the new one and even mum can drive it in the mid to high 7's. Haven't had issues with noise in them either.

New ones are better on fuel, especially the diesel. But older ones... fark!

My 05 wasn't "fark!" :ha:

Anyway this is a Navara forum we shouldn't be talking about Forestors we should be talking about Dave's Isuzu :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back