Anybody replaced the sissy factory D40 horn?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy at Autobarn said just pick a car that has a nice sounding horn and go to the wreckers and buy one. The problem with the new ones in the shops is you don't know what they sound like. My next little project as this D40's horn sounds very feminine.

i have had my ute for less than a week and the horn is embarrassing... my wife laughed when i honked \ "beeped" at a mate on the road...
Definately going to supercheap for a $14 quick fix... might look into a better one a bit later...

Installed my Stebel Magnum today. Sounds much better than stock!
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Can anyone give me a hand with installing a new air horn? The packaging says it comes with instructions but it didn't say that the instructions was just a pissly little diagram. Pics would be brilliant.

Cheers, Cookie.

I HATE the horn on my Nav and avoid using it because it is crap.

The sock horn on a BA-BF falcon, I had one of each both XR6 Turbo's, were great, nice and deep note, they had two units, really good solid horn, not high pitched, or mouse quiet.

I will be hunting fleabay or wreckers for one, or maybe two sets of BA falcon horns.

The up side is anything from Ford I can bolt one, will only improve a very average car.

Do the air horn plug into original wiring from the stock horn or is it a complicated process?

Im talking smaller airhorns not the huge compressor ones

Dezz

I pulled the horns off my au xr8 and fitted them
No problem to my nav, just popped a relay in the wiring to make sure i ha enouge power going to them and bam a manly horn that cost me nothing

I'm got a set of dual snail horns from (I think) a 2003 Astra. Bought them for $90 for a Commodore a few years back as they sound like a truck horn, loud with a nice tone. Best "bloke-iest" horns around IMHO. Looks easy to fit, can't tell whether the brackets I have are OEM or not though.

Latest posts

Back