antenna advice please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heata

Reaction score
I bought an in car uhf today, but the choice of antennas was a bit limited in the shops I tried.
Because most of my driving is pretty hilly, I'm thinking 4.5 db is what I need. However all the antenna's I can see in this range have very piddly looking mounts and no springs. I want to mount it on the tab on the factory bullbar, so I'm looking for an antenna with a heavier mount.

Should I be looking at 6db?since most of these seem to have a heavier looking mount with a spring, and generaly look more robust.

please share your thoughts!

I usually run a GME AE4705 antenna for the UHF.

Serves me very well.

However at the moment I have a uniden 4.5db antenna on and it works well.

Prefer the AE4705 though.

Serves me very well.

What he said.

My AE5705 rocks!

I have a smaller antenna for around the city/town because im afraid it will get stolen. But generally use the 4705 and love it

Brett

Heath ... i'm sure you can get the heavy mount spring and then put what ever antenna you want on top of that.

I have the heavy spring base, and just a standed antenna (i think the 4.5db) on it.

If your in a hilly area don't go 6db - they have a flatter, longer broadcast pattern. Stick with the 3 or 4.5 & shop around for a decent one with a flexible mount.

N

Serves me very well.

Lost the cap off my GME AE4705 the other day 4wding.

So off to Clark Rubber I went, 19mm chair leg rubber fits perfectly.

Todays tip, haha.

Latest posts

Back