Another noob!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traedayz

Reaction score
Hey all,

Trae here located Melbourne. I Picked up my 2011 D40 ST-X from the yard on Tuesday traded in the XR6 ute as I needed the extra seats. I chose this one as I liked the tray back rather than the tub my old XR6 had a tub and I also previously had an 06 D22 STR with tub a while back.

Anyways went straight from the yard to the tint centre and got the windows done. Also today put some weather-sheilds on and picked up a tool box for the tray happy with the outcome. Few small plans to clean it up a little over next few weeks (gear knob/mats etc etc) apart from that I'm looking at a new filter, EGR block, upgrade the hotside/intake pipe and get a HPF tune on the dyno done in the near future. Will probably add in a EGT & boost gauge too! Reason going for ecu tune over chip is that I don't like the chips at all, Ive had a few modified a turbo cars and always preferred a proper ecu tune.

Anyways enough of that here are some pictures.

At the yard:

Tints, sheilds & box:

Have a good one

Trae

Look good mate and welcome... �� Plenty of info here pal, wish i went the tray on my nav i stead of canopy

Thanks mate, yeah I've been snooping around a fair bit good site lots of info! Glad I held out for one with a tray for sure :)

Looking at some forefront industrie gear intake/cooler piping, and the gauges seem to be ok gear from what I can gather, will place an order sooner rather than later.

You will need to fashion some mudflaps around those tool boxes mate. Supposably it's a legal requirement for the rear.

Hey mate, thanks for that never knew about it being a legal requirement the ute came like that and is 5yo now but I'll definitely look into it.

Oh nice truck too- the tint looks great ! I want to get mine done- what shade tint is that? How much and who did the job? It looks nice and dark... I like it!

Oh nice truck too- the tint looks great ! I want to get mine done- what shade tint is that? How much and who did the job? It looks nice and dark... I like it!

Cheers mate, darkest legal on the fronts & one under for all the rears! Was $199 from tint centre in Noble Park! He's done around 4 of my cars now no problems and did it while I waited without booking.

Looking good now for a lift!!

Cheers, yep looking at full suspension kits ATM! Rear is getting some weight on it now and will be adding a bit more weight throughout with the mod bug kicking in. Have read the 54 pages in zordo's thread he seems very knowledgable and members are happy with his parts supply and service so I will most likely order from him when the time is right.

On another note placed an order with Jamie from Forefront Industries today for the following (in preparation for upcoming dyno tune)

- 1x Intake pipe.
- 1x Hotside piping kit.
- 1x EGT gauge.
- 1x Boost gauge.
- 1x Alloy tube & fin intercooler.

Also picked up a K&N filter and I think I'll add a TB exhaust, snorkel and catch can to the list before it has a ecu tune.

Maybe I'll make a build thread soon once I get a few more parts in and fitted.

Latest posts

Back