ANOTHER K&N filter thread :/

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawry

Reaction score
Theres plenty of threads out there on k&n filters,
however none have really answered my query, possibly because they have
enough dignity not to ask :/ :D

anyway here it is,
I know k&N on a diesel do diggley squat to power, but do they increase induction noise?
I know its purely a Wank factor and a bit of a generation "Y" thing.

I'm also coming up to a filter change so instead of spending another 30 i can
spend 90 and just re-oil and wash.

Keep in mind this filter will only be used around town, freeway ect, any bush bashing an or fire roads, i drop in the paper element.

So for all you filter fanatics, how do they sound?
anyone use them with a stainless snorkel?
are they much different to paper

Cheers Matt

a would think a replacement k&n filter would not change the intake noise at all.
it never did on my old toyo.
its the box and pipe work that will change the sound and also the airflow.

the only way a filter would change the noise is if its very restrictive. most factory ones are not restrictive, its the airbox thats restrictive.

Really, as removing the filter completely adds incredible induction noise.
Adding a filter that allows that noise to pass, due to larger pore size.
Every car I've added a filter to changed the note.

The only way to get more induction noise is a pod filter because there's NO air box around it although I've read that a forefront industries pre filter bypass pipe does give nice induction noise because it is significantly different to the arrangement there stock, a plastic snorkel would be louder than a stainless one also which may help.

Only oil it really lightlty as it can gum up the airflow sensor, looked at using 1 for ages but not 1 person I spoke to advised to do it

This guy speaks the truth. I don't bother with a K&N purely because oil on the MAF sensor is not a good thing!

Latest posts

Back