Alarm won't go off!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattberry1611

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a nissan navara d22 StR 2006.
I have remote central locking and when I press one of the buttons the alarm goes off and I cannot dissable it with the remote. I have to disconnect the battery.
I have tried unlocking the car, locking the car, starting the car, pressing the buttons numerous times.
There is a red push button under the steering wheel and when I press that it also does nothing. I pulled out the box that controls the alarm and central locking but it has no labeling on it at all to tell me any info on how to fix this...
Any idea whT my next step is apart from buy a new remote central locking system?

Thanks
Matt

I don't think those cars came with central locking, let alone alarm systems so it'll be an after-market job.

Here's what I'd do: I'd examine the box and look for a model number somewhere, then just plug that model number into Google and see what it says. If that doesn't work, opening the box and looking for a version on the circuit board might help - you do a Google search for the circuit board and might get some hits telling you what it is.

Who knows - someone with another make of car might be using the same unit and had the same trouble as you before.

You could also post a pic of the fob - the remote unlocking unit - someone here might have seen one before.

It's not a panic alarm is it?

I've never had one so not sure how they work or if that's what it could be.

Back