Air compressor with air tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozstickman

Reaction score
G'day. Smack me down if ya need but I had a search but couldn't really find anything.

I am thinking of putting an air tank and compressor in/under the Nav. Has anyone else done this? I think I have found a spot under the tub for the tank. I was tHinking of putting a compressor to the tank to fill it and setup a pressure switch to turn the compressor on and off.

So anyone else done this?

Cheers n beers
Sticko

Hi sticko
I have mine in the tub not under. I would think that going under would develop problems with dirt and water getting into the pump. See photos of my install. It may give some ideas.
Cheers Brad.

image-1677443134.jpg

image-3527509130.jpg

image-2797098364.jpg

Cheers. Looks the goods there. I was thinking along the lines of having a tank and a compressor separate, like tank under and compressor in tool box at the front or on the side.

I've got one under the false floor in the back seat,
It's 18l and the ARB pump take a while to fill it, smacks a good 15psi right into a tire them the pump runs flat stick to equalize the tank and tire to fill it

Behind my read seat is full. Got speakers and a number of radios (I'm a ham radio user) so no room for compressor their.

Tanks work better with an endless air setup, but you are very limited for room on the nav motors fitting an extra aircon compressor to use for it...

Electric compressors will take quite a while to fill the tank as mentioned above..... I'd probably look at mounting it in the tub close to where you want to mount the tank, that way it shouldn't annoy you too much if it is running while you're driving....

Latest posts

Back