After Market Diesel Fuel Filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VCS

Reaction score
Looking for some advice - I've got a 2013 STX 550 and after all the injector replacement horror stories, I'd like to fit a fuel filter. I've purchased a Donaldson filter and want to know where people are fitting them (front RH corner seems to be the only available position) and if their they're plumbing them in before or after the factory filter? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 71
Looking for some advice - I've got a 2013 STX 550 and after all the injector replacement horror stories, I'd like to fit a fuel filter. I've purchased a Donaldson filter and want to know where people are fitting them (front RH corner seems to be the only available position) and if their they're plumbing them in before or after the factory filter? Thanks
Hey mate. Can't help you where to fit it as I haven't got a 550, but as for whether it should be before or after the factory filter depends on the micron rating. I have a 30 micron stanadyne in my d22, which is before the factory filter, acting as a pre filter and water separator. The factory fuel filter should be around the 2 - 5 micron range, so anything above this would have to be set up as a pre filter. The lower the micron number, the finer the filtration. So it would be pointless having a large micron filter after a smaller one. On the same token, running 2 filters of the same or similar micron levels is also rather pointless and will cause too much restriction to the fuel system when the first one blocks up to be of any benefit. If your donaldson is the same micron level as the factory filter, you might consider ditching the factory one and just running the donaldson.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks Bods- I've just fitted the filter and it's turned out pretty nice- just got to work out if the V6's have a manual hand pump or their self priming

I thought they had some weird hand pump thing that was kept near the jack?
Almost like a primer bulb from a boat fuel tank or something lol

Latest posts

Back