accelerator pedal rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40todie4

Reaction score
hey guys i bought a nissan d40 about 4 months ago, and ive had a big rattle through the accelerator pedal, nissan cannot figure out why it is doing it and where it is coming from.

any suggestions on what it could be or if its a common problem?

thanks guys.

Mine has done it about 6 times in the 2 years I have had it. I have never found where it came from. Everytime it has been at 80km/h + on the highway.

May not be the same rattle but I seem to remember someone ages ago suggesting their D40 had a rattle under foot and it turned out one of the bolts holding the pedal on was loose. I can remember all the details but I'm sure it was on this forum.

May not be the same rattle but I seem to remember someone ages ago suggesting their D40 had a rattle under foot and it turned out one of the bolts holding the pedal on was loose. I can remember all the details but I'm sure it was on this forum.

i took the pedal off but i was too scared to pull it apart im going to try and bold it down abit firmer than origanally see how it goes.

if anyone eles has any suggestions let me know thanks alot guys

I have the same rattle under load and it only seems to be when I flog the guts out of it or flooring it going up a hill. I.v looked all around the accelerator pedal in the foot well but it seems to be something on the fire wall somewhere.

I have the same rattle under load and it only seems to be when I flog the guts out of it or flooring it going up a hill. I.v looked all around the accelerator pedal in the foot well but it seems to be something on the fire wall somewhere.

yeah that exact thing happens to mine.

I think Krafty might have something there......when crossing the Simpson last year I did the usual check over and under everything each morning before setting off.....one morning I found 2 x nice shiny 12mm nuts on the floor mat and guess where they came from...yep right on first time you clever buggers...they were two of the nuts that held the accelerator pedal in place and the others were loose also.

I have the same problem, happens usually when i have been driving it hard for a bit, it seems to go away when i just put the slightest bit of pressure on the clutch, go figure?

I think Krafty might have something there......when crossing the Simpson last year I did the usual check over and under everything each morning before setting off.....one morning I found 2 x nice shiny 12mm nuts on the floor mat and guess where they came from...yep right on first time you clever buggers...they were two of the nuts that held the accelerator pedal in place and the others were loose also.

so where abouts are these 4 bolts? underneath the car?

tim.

Have you checked the manual, not sure if it's still available in the D40 section but if it;s there it should show you exactly where the bolts are

so where abouts are these 4 bolts? underneath the car?

tim.
Not 'bolts' Tim but 'nuts' - which I believe go onto studs. You have to be a bit double jointed but is you get up close to the accelerator pedal you will see them holding the accelerator assembly in place.

i had the same thing in my 2010 king cab, nissan said it has to do with a damper in the clutch line to reduce rattling - some vehicles it works others it doesn't. they removed mine on the 10000km service and the noise stopped for about 3 weeks and now its back every so often....

Not 'bolts' Tim but 'nuts' - which I believe go onto studs. You have to be a bit double jointed but is you get up close to the accelerator pedal you will see them holding the accelerator assembly in place.

thanks pete, im going to slide under my car see how i go, ill keep you guys posted im on a mission to find it lol

i had the same thing in my 2010 king cab, nissan said it has to do with a damper in the clutch line to reduce rattling - some vehicles it works others it doesn't. they removed mine on the 10000km service and the noise stopped for about 3 weeks and now its back every so often....

I had exactly the same issue with mine - and replaced/removed at the 10000k svc, D40KC, have you had yours fixed again? The rattle in mine now only comes on every now and then after using the aircon and never when the Nissan Mechanic is with me.

nah haven't had it back to nissan yet, will wait til the 20,000km service - only 7000km to go. i don't get the noise all the time now like i did when the car was new and before they played with the clutch line - but it still shits me that you can pay 50k + for a car and it rattles from the showroom floor, and not just one of them it seems.

hey guys i have a 2010 model nissan navara and i have the exact same problem when accelerating only appears when i do over 80 or when on freeway. and it comes and goes real weird i have tried looking everywhere. if anyone nows what it is please let me now but im taking it back to nissan as it is due for its service and i will be informing them about it as i had two raddles that rattle and i had the other which sounded like under the dash on either corner of the windscreen sounded like something was loose under the dash but nissan told me that it was me coin holder on the dash was loose stupid pricks, turned out wasnt that i ended up finding the problem turned out the raddle was from the pull down conpartment on the roof where ya sunnies are kept. i had me sunnys stored there and it only dawned to me when i was driving one time when the bloody noise was getting to me and one sunny day when i needed em i grabed em and when i put them on and was driving for a bit it only then dawnd to me that that was the problem. so anyone else out there hears noises like that under that dash try that but for the 80km/h and over im still stuck on that one.

hey guys just took my d40 to nissan for the few problems i had, the manager wasnt in today, so i kept my car there all day for nothing, they just narrowed down the noises all to my gearbox's.

had to re-book it for next thursday, (melbourne) so ill keep you guys posted.

I guess I'll jump in on this one too. Only had my 2010 ST for a few weeks and already took it back to Nissan for the same rattle. They removed the dampner however that only worked for a few days.

The most interesting part is that it happens under load but immediately goes away with just the slightest weight onto the clutch peddle. Me thinks it may have something to do with the Dual Mass setup which possibly ties in with the absolutely hopeless clutches these things have?? I'll be going back to Nissan myself and will add updates as they come but am keen to hear back from anyone else who has had Nissan do anything else apart from removing a dampner that they state did nothing anyway?? Go figure!!

Mine sounds like the same thing described, will have a bit of a look on the weekend, nissan are useless... they keep telling me there is no rattle even after I've taken a tech for a drive with me. It has now developed a new rattle outside the car at idle with the aircon on, since a bit of a hard offroad session last weekend, thinking i bent a bash plate or something...

Latest posts

Back