A good 4x4 insurance company

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Thought i'd recommend a good insurance company for some of you. My Nav is insured with DBA insurance brokers. They cover me offroad (as my contract states: beach driving, tracks, sand dunes and water crossings) and obviously onroad.

I have mine insured for $28,000 agreed value with bullbar, rear bar, tyres, exhaust, suspension covered with hire car full comprehensive at $106 a month with $400 excess rating one. There is a yearly renewl fee of $50 but well worth it. Great people to deal with as well.

If you are under 25 though, there are hefty age excesses in the even of an accident to be wary of.

Thanks for the info mate, might give them a call. Do they know you have 33's, body lift and still cover you?

Not the body lift but the 33's they do. I told them they were 285's and they just added "offroad tyres $1900" to my contract.

The body lift im not sure. I doubt it though.

Cobez,
Hope I am not diverting your thread here...
My insurer (NRMA) have stated in an online chat to me today that they will cover my D40 with use on legal tracks and trails in Australia - provided it is not used for racing purposes.

Oh and they beat RACQ's renewal for private use only, of about $600 by 10% too :)

Last edited:
Thought i'd recommend a good insurance company for some of you. My Nav is insured with DBA insurance brokers. They cover me offroad (as my contract states: beach driving, tracks, sand dunes and water crossings) and obviously onroad.

I have mine insured for $28,000 agreed value with bullbar, rear bar, tyres, exhaust, suspension covered with hire car full comprehensive at $106 a month with $400 excess rating one. There is a yearly renewl fee of $50 but well worth it. Great people to deal with as well.

If you are under 25 though, there are hefty age excesses in the even of an accident to be wary of.
Do you know if they cover fuel contamination and subsequent damage?

Thanks

Kev

Oh haha yes DGA. I was thinking DBA brakes lol

thats who im with, Couldnt be easier to deal with very happy with them> the mrs new pulsar is with them too couldnt beat the price!

Oh and when i had my accident and i asked them to call the repairer to give him a hurry along, they said if im not at all happy with his work or speed etc to call them and they will flat bed it to someone else to finish the repairs free of charge!

They really are good to deal with ey? Straight forward, all the policy details are there on paper in front of you in detail. Mine was 4 pages haha.

At least its thorough!

Just received my quote from Dga really good company not to anal about everything. Told them car is used for business, will have larger tyres 33's etc.. Were fine with it all and didn't bump it through the roof or not cover it like others. Also were a little cheaper than I was paying but full cover for off-road use now also. Thanks for the post been hunting around for a decent company.

What extras are included in the policy? Last i checked with Shannons it didnt cover offroad or water crossing etc, nor did they cover 33's on a D40 either.

They cover me anywhere I am legally allowed to be, on or off road including water crossings.
Think you might find with all insurance companies they only cover road legal mods, most will add 33's to a policy and list them but if they want an out for a claim they still have it, not saying they will use it but its there if they want it as 33's are not legal under the ncop.

Latest posts

Back