550 engine light - faulty egr

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtrain

Reaction score
Thought I would post this in case anyone runs into the problem, or if could offer reasons why it may have happened:

Stopped for a pit stop about and hour into a trip away, started the car again and got the check engine light. Made plenty of oil pressure, plenty of coolant, ran fine. So I continued on until I could get reception and onto Nissan roadside, they said continue on (800km round trip). It ran great, maybe a little down on power. Just got it back from the dealer, it has 15,000km on it and apparently it had a faulty EGR.

Apparently another 550 has done an egr so maybe it is a common fault? It goes awesome now (not sure if that is cause I had a micra for a loan car). I do mainly stop start driving (15km commute that takes 45min) and the odd trip here and there. I drive it hard but not cruel, and it is usually unloaded and tows rarely, really got me stumped why it would do an egr, any ideas?

Yeah mine just chucked a egt sensor code, have also noticed a few other people on the forum with the same issue

Mine done the same. Nissan replaced the egr and gaskets. Good as gold now. Faulted at 3500 km now it's a 11500 km.

EGR failure is fairly common on the V9X, There is also a ECM software glitch which means tre fault code can be triggered due to a voltgage drop across the EGR valve on its cleaning cycle. Update should be carried out with repair.

Latest posts

Back