4WD warning light flashing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
Hi i got bogged on weekend i was slowly making progress with hi lift and rocks i noticed the abs light had come on but low range was working and both front and rear wheels spinning (there was one clunk hat came from underneath at some stage)Then after a little while the missus noticed the front wheels had stopped spinning and the 4WD warning light was flashing everytime i tried going forward or backwards long story short i got mate to pull me out straight away abs light turned off 4x4 seems too be working the wierd thing is even when front wheels were not spinning transfer seemed to be in low range still.

Any ideas on what could of caused this
Cheers

Last edited:
Update think I may have screwed my diff there is oil leaking out of it somewhere can anyone tell me if I am still right to drive it

I wouldn't be driving it without oil. How fast is the leak? Might be able to fill it then drive where needed before its too low

The leak isn't 2 big since Saturday arvo there is puddle about as round as a large orange am I right in thinking that if it is not locked into 4wd the front diff should not be engaged and spinning

The front diff in the D40 is always spinning regardless of wether or not 4wd is engaged as they do not have hubs that can be locked and unlocked they are permanently locked.

The front diff in the D40 is always spinning regardless of wether or not 4wd is engaged as they do not have hubs that can be locked and unlocked they are permanently locked.

Yep as said there ^^

Basically it won't have drive from the transfer case, but will spin as both fronts are "locked" to the cv's, and in turn they spin the diff.

Ok after my little stress attack I had a good look underneath and it seems the passenger CV is busted I might have a crack at putting a new one in this arvo any tips on CV install would be great
Cheers everyone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back