3L radiator coolant going down

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pr0x1mity

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a D22 thats using about half a L of coolant every 2-4 days. Basically I just wanted to know what you think it might be.

There is NO water in the oil or oil in the water.

Car runs fine and temps are not effected (as I guess there is still fluid in the radiator)

Any ideas?

Mine was a cracked head number 4 piston between exhaust valve and glowplug. Not happy.

I had the same as barna. I had oil in my radiator fluid though (search somewhere on here for images). I have since had a leak again somewhere near the thermostat. Seems to have been fixed by stop leak.
You may see some white smoke on start up as a sign of the head being an issue. It is a fair bit of radiator fluid though to be leaking.

don't forget the simple stuff first like radiator cap.
also look for leaks when its cooled down a bit. small leaks can evaporate off the engine.

Had similar on mine it was the head gasket ended up costing me the head aswell no oil in water or water in oil I checked and changed everything first then one day I was driving along and it just died in power

don't forget the simple stuff first like radiator cap.
also look for leaks when its cooled down a bit. small leaks can evaporate off the engine.

Evaporated coolant (if it's leaking to external) will leave whitish residue/staining behind, it could be leaking to combustion chamber though in which case you'll never see it, generally white vapor on start up.

Back