3" Exhausts and low RPMs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mate do you think you can do a test on a DPF race pipe (from chipit) to see if it is worth getting an if they do work

Cant see why not, what results are you after in particular? Power/Torque/AFR/EGT?

If you were closer I'd happily donate my 2008 D40 for some more testing.

Anyway, with custom dump and delete pipe, 3" exhaust and ChipIt chip loaded with a wild tune my D40 is developing around 110kW and 530nm in torque at the rear wheels (265/70/16s fitted) which is around 140kw at the flywheel I think. Anyway, that gets me to get to the current spec 2.5.

I can certainly put more fuel in but I have ran out of air so now need to upgrade the intercooler then squirt some more fuel in.

Sorry for the hijack

Hi Linds

You have something in your settings that stops your receiving PMs

Answer to your questions though are:

Most of the graphs we have are listed.

I do have a dyno sheet of afr between our Chip and another leading brand. At the same power level we are much leaning (ie using less fuel)

I think I also have some dynos sheets of boost levels as well but remember that boost is only around 4 psi more than std. But having the option to add more air (not just fuel) is quite benficial and the reason why we are acheiving better power outputs

My email is [email protected] if you wish to receive a copy... you can post up on forum if you want.

Cheers

Robert
Mods feel free to delete this after a couple of days. Thanks

here are two

CHIPITKwBoost-1.jpg

This shows the boost increase. So we don't just dump in more fuel ... we also add air which keeps EGT's down.

CHIPITRailPSIVsInjPSI-1.jpg

This one shows the AFRs. The higher the number, then leaner the fuel mixture which IS what you want in a diesel (opposite to a petrol engine)

BTW, we have now acheived over 200 kws from the 200 Series with our little home grown chip.

I will email them to you too

Cheers

Just for reference Boss, that graph that I linked a bit earlier is also with no chip.
Just Exhaust, Cat (which was worth all of about 2hp), and intercooler.

Thanks for replying Rob :)

Would be very good to see the AFR & Boost graphs, and it will actually back up what im saying regarding the whole issue.
As you can do boost (and I know none of the other chips can) it is a huge advantage to you.

If you can find any of the graphs feel free to shoot them through to [email protected] and ill post them up for you.

Last edited:
Good stuff boys.

This is the sort of info that should of been out since the first of the chip's hit the markets.

They were run back to back Lindsay

The fact is, we don't need to fudge figures. Our customers and growth are the proof that we are doing extra well and much better than the competition.

If the competition wish to throw sticks well we don't need to prove it to them do we??

About the 200. Its at the wheels UNLESS ADVERTISED. Only some guys that have dynos run the correction to note the flywheel horsepower.

Regarding the EGTs ... do u know of another plug-in chip that activily monitors EGTs and reduces the chip tune when EGTs get too high??? I don't. And remember, our chip with all the fruit is only $1299 and customers can do the fit up themselves!

Only a couple of things.
It really needs boost and AFR on the same graph.
So people can see that its not just running 30psi for 1 dyno run to make the figure.
The ramp rates that they are being run at are in my opinion far to high for a diesel, which will result in fantastic top end power figures (as does shoot out mode), but not give an accurate indication of what the power will do during a long load test.

And with the advertising, I keep seeing that it says Chipit are the only ones to do boost control and/or EGT based backdown? Why is that?

Is that 200kw at the wheels with the 200s? How lol. I can get them up close to that by overfueling the hell out of them, but those baby turbo's are well beyond their limit at 19psi. I normally leave them around 170-175kw which is a safe tune on the 200's.

Last edited:
Lindsay why dont you try a chip and see for yourself ... that way you wont need to take a crack at us without knowing the truth.

:victory:

sorry for thread hijack. Take it offline (PM) if you wish.

Cheers

Sure there ARE other ECU they are better, but we are talking about a PLUG N PLAY system for the do it yourself market

If you want full blown wire it jobs, the Unichip which is an ECU made for petrol vehicles also needs to compete with MOTEC, HALTEC, EMS, etc. But for a non engine tuner, those systems WHICH CAN DO DIESEL TUNING, are not going to cut it. no one want to pay those prices or have ONLY an EXPERT wire it in.

In the general plug n play (ie plug in and drive away) tuning box we have a product that is second to none ... in both price and features.

On another point, our module also has injector relays and other 0-5 volts emulation input/outputs and on / off relays ... all on the same board. It also allows intercooler water sprays, MAF emulation, turning on or off valves etc. but these two in to be wired in. Just the standard chipping and inbuilt turbo boost controller parts are plug n play and thats what the majority of folks and looking for.

Dont take me the wrong way Rob, Im not having a dig at you or chipit. As I said earlier it is of great advantage that you do boost control. That is giving you credit for doing it and not being like the other guys :)

I just think more openess and honesty is needed from most of the chip manufactures out there. Like AMMS/Roo systems telling their customers that their chip Controls Timing & Boost & Fuel! They dont have to prove that it does or doesnt, people either take their word for it, or take another shop's word for it that it doesnt.

Call me a non believer or pessimist if you wish, but after the time I have spent in the business. I doubt everything until I see it proven to me.

The unichip sure does control fuel based on EGT or any other input that you ask it to.
Or it can reduce the engine revlimit, reduce boost etc.. any number of things simultaneously.

If we were not a Unichip dealer or it wasnt such a great product, Chipit is definately what I would recommend. I do agree that your chip's with boost control are the next best thing out there.

end of the day who gives a fuck what one dyno says and what another says. They are only good for comparitive gains not comparisons for different dynos. There will always be dodgy operators out there but why waste time and stress worrying what they are doing.

I understand where Northside is coming from but bloody hell concentrate on selling your own product and not bagging the rest (all be it a subtle twist)! You may even get some customers to swing because of it.

Most of the cars I know all need the unichip to be 'wired' in and are certainly not plug and play unless they have got there act together recently with diesel vehicles. Each has its merits imo

I must say this little thread is getting to be a good read,, Well done Guys for both being professional and good sports about it

Gathering the impression of improving induction here is the key BUT.....
On the topic of exhausts being 3" no better off than 2.5"
Is it worth upgrading from the stock 2.25"??!? Does that quarter inch really make a difference?!? Do those 2 90deg bends really choke it up that much in comparison??!?
Or just install a high flow cat to the stock system??!?

Oh I have deleted my stock muffler completely too.

Confused, Bellarine Peninsula

Last edited:
yea i was thinking of going 3inch with no cat or mufflers and side pipe it to get rid of the 2 90degree bends. this combined with intercooler upgrade and an intake upgrade (more hi flowed). would you see it as being beneficial to make decent power

Latest posts

Back