2014 Nissan Navara D40 DPF?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara999

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I have a 2014 Spanish built Nissan Navara D40 titanium, automatic transmission. Does it have a DPF?
Looking to install an exhaust system if anyone has recommendations... currently looking at a stainless steel system with high flow Cat inclusion from PPD performance.
TIA

There's a good chance it has one, they're very easy to spot. You should see a small icon in the instrument panel when you turn the car on, looks like this:

DPF Light.jpg

If it's the 2.5L engine, under the front passenger floor pan you'll see the exhaust heading towards the rear of the car. Towards the front from where you are, you'll see a large section in the exhaust which has two electrical connections and two thin metal pipes attached. The metal pipes are the pressure sensor lines that go up into the engine bay (fore and after sensor for the DPF) and the electrical connections are fore and after sensors for the DPF.

If you're missing that, you've no DPF.

Being an Auto odds on it will have one. Stainless is a fair bit more expensive over steel. If your not doing any or little beach driving, consider steel, save your dollars. If the system you buy is of good quality it will last the life of the vehicle.

Stainless is a fair bit more expensive over steel. If your not doing any or little beach driving, consider steel, save your dollars. If the system you buy is of good quality it will last the life of the vehicle.
One thing to keep in mind is that the great temperature variations of the DPF shell will result in it rusting much sooner than something like a muffler, even without factoring in salt or anything else. Hence, the reason they're usually made of stainless steel. I did buy steel but I don't expect to keep the Nav for more than 8 years. If I was planning to keep it much longer than that I would have paid the extra for stainless.

Latest posts

Back