2012 st navara price

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W0mbat

Reaction score
Greetings all
Just found this great forum and after advice on the price of a new navara

I am looking at a red, 4x4, D40 6 series, dual cab, man, with tow pack, tub liner and soft tarp for $41,000

My question is this a good deal or should I haggle for a bit more. I have an abn and have got a few prices - but it's always best to ask!

Many thanks for the input and the great info on site!

Gday and welcome to the forum.

Mate do you intend to tow allot?

Because if you do, get an auto.

You may of read on this forum about the manual using the dual mass fly wheel.

I have the manual but dont really do allot of towing, but those who have, have reported clutch replacement before 40k after towing BIG boats and caravans consistently.

If you dont then it will be fine, mine has done 60k and done a little towing including towing a car on a trailer for a couple of hundred km and all is good.

Next thing i would say is dont bother with the plastic tub liner dirt, sand, and condensation all build up underneath and cause rust as the sand or other grit rubs the paint off then the moisture does the rest.

The advice given to me by the manager of Kloster Nissan before i bought my first Navara over 6yrs Ago was to get a spray in tub liner like "RHINO" Instead, for a few reasons like the rust issue, and also how slippery the plastic is compared to the "RHINO" liner, also you dont have to remove the spay liner to clean under it, and you will save a tiny bit of space with the spray in job.

Can i just say that was the best bit of advice, i have had the spray in liners in both my D22 and my D40 and as you can tell cant recommend it enough.

As for the price, i think you could probably get a few more extra's for 41k, like weather shields, bonnet protector, floor matts ect, especially as it gets closer to the end of the financial year they love to get rid of stock.

Mate i would add on a heap of accessories drop the price by another $1500 and tell them that what some other dealer has offered, and see what they say. If they um ans aahhh just walk and let them chase you in a few days, if they want the sale they will ring you for sure.

I paid 40k last year on on the run out model, BUT i got, ARB deluxe bull bar with fog lights, ARB bash plates, Rhino roof racks and ladder racks, weather shields, bonnet protector, head light guards, Safari snorkel, Haymen reese tow pack, floor matts, soft tarp, all included.

Anyway thats my 2cents, Good luck with it.

Regards,
Nathan

Many thanks for that advice, I am now tossing up about the auto V man now.
While I will not be doing much towing - small trailer for firewood or hay, getting a manual that can fail is food for thought.

I was told that the rhino could not be put on this type of ute due to the track system but I have now rung a few places and been told it can -so rhino it is. :redcool:

As for the price I don't have your bargain skills I feel, but I have rung a few places on prices and 41k is the best I can get so far. But I will try for the extras you mentioned for a better deal. It is selling at $42888 ATM without extras.

Many thanks for the input.

I am country Vic.
Looking at even going to the ST-X that the dealer has at $46,888 drive away. Just need to get a price with towpack, tarp and rhino :) and bargin them down!

The only problem is that puts it in Mazda BT-50 range another nice drive.

As for the price I don't have your bargain skills I feel, but I have rung a few places on prices and 41k is the best I can get so far. But I will try for the extras you mentioned for a better deal. It is selling at $42888 ATM without extras.

Many thanks for the input.

mate 41k isnt that bad, BUT i think i would add on all the little things that you want like, window tint, floor matts, weather shields ect and then go back into the

dealer and say that you dont want to waste their time, BUT if they can do the ute at $40'500 with all the little extras then you will sign the dotted line right then on

the spot, SO if they can do that then where is the papers or see ya later im off to your next dealer.

I also let them know that i dont care if i have to buy the car from a dealer 4hrs away.

The other thing that i learnt from hanging around the car yards as a kid that my dad worked at, that the salesmen are always more willing to deal at the end of a

month when their commission cheques are been written.

I think it just gives them some more motivation to do a deal then and there and not try and drag it out.

Give it a shot, you have nothing to loose, and all those goodies to gain lol

Last edited:
i paid $37000 for my 2011 d40 ST

Have heard that the 2012 model can be had for around $39000 with the right haggling skills.

$41 is an ok price, but swap the tubliner for something else. there are a few types of soft covers too, for me I cant stand the one that has the rivets in the side of the tub (part of the reason I didn't buy a D22) get the one that fits snuggly into the channel.

Same as the tow pack, its a very over priced item from nissan, I opted for an aftermarket bar, same rating and warranty but was half the price.

Well good news on the 2012 ST manual. Its not using the dual mass fly wheel its a single!

Is that from a reputable source or from the salesman cause most the time they got no fucking idea and say whateva will keep you happy. my salesman at nissan said to me to make sure i take my str back for first service as they will change the sparkplugs. asked them at service for the old sparkplugs since they were gonna change them o_O. must be some special diesel spark plug i cant see in there lol.
So just saying double check

I was advised my 2011 ST had a single mass flywheel also.

At the end of the day most vehicle are now using a duall mass flywheel.

you face the possibility of a weak clutch with a manual or a DPF filter with an auto

yes very good advice guys.

I am trying to find out but as we know sales ppl don't know a lot about details like this and its hard to get a straight answer!!

Still try will let you know....when I know

Greetings all
Just found this great forum and after advice on the price of a new navara

I am looking at a red, 4x4, D40 6 series, dual cab, man, with tow pack, tub liner and soft tarp for $41,000

My question is this a good deal or should I haggle for a bit more. I have an abn and have got a few prices - but it's always best to ask!

Many thanks for the input and the great info on site!

Hi Guys,

Got a dealer down to $40,500 for 4x4, D40 series 6, silver, auto, with driving lights, mats and tubliner

Thoughts?

Looks like a good price to me :)

What state are you in?

What I found out from Nissian Australia on the 2012 Navara

Thailand built - has a single mass flywheel.

Spain - a LARGER duall mass flywheel than last year.

Will this fix any problems - I don't know

I just went to www.nissanusa.com and I'm pissed off.

The Australian dollar has parity or near enough with the US dollar.

They can get a crewcab Frontier (Dual Cab D40) starting at $28,780. For this price you get Bilstein shocks, e-locker in the rear, 265/75R16 BFG AT tyres and "skid plates" - looks like these protect the gearbox, transfer case & diffs.

Why can't we get deals like this?

Old.Tony said:
I just went to www.nissanusa.com and I'm pissed off.

The Australian dollar has parity or near enough with the US dollar.

They can get a crewcab Frontier (Dual Cab D40) starting at $28,780. For this price you get Bilstein shocks, e-locker in the rear, 265/75R16 BFG AT tyres and "skid plates" - looks like these protect the gearbox, transfer case & diffs.

Why can't we get deals like this?

IF ONLY!! I wish we could.. But for some reason we can't even get close

Yes prices o/s to here on many thanks are MAD!

XYU12 - any chance you could swing me a copy of the quote? Sent you a private message with me email address

Many thanks!!

Ive been looking at the Nissan USA site too, brand new Nissan Titan Pro-4x with a few goodies driveaway for around $40k!!!!!!! To buy one here is over $100k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just purchased a brand new D40st for $43000. Came with tub linear, arb deluxe bull bar, tow pack, genuine rubber floor mats and genuine canopy.

Latest posts

Back