2012 D40 ST - Water in headlights..HELP!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson25

Reaction score
Hi all, had a good play up at zig zag railway on the weekend and i have managed to get water in my headlights! Drivers side has left a nice dirty level line across the front and is sloshing around. Passenger side just keeps steaming up as does the drivers side also. Tried to remove headlight but no luck. 2012 st D40 only 2 months old! Might try and claim under warranty...... Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix??

getting my drivers side replaced under warrenty this week same prob, just fogging up all the time

I have put silica gel pacs in the back of the headlights... Passenger side has come good but Drivers side had around a good quarter of a cup of water at the bottom. Pushed a chamoi down the back amd soaked up remaining water this afternoon. New silica gel packs now put back in. Car booked in with Nissan next friday to be looked at for warranty. If anything i want the drivers side replaced as there is dirt and crap all in the front of the headlight.

Car went into Nissan today and both headlights are being replaced under warranty.... WINNING!

i have the same problem with my headlights. do you think nissan would knock back a warranty job due to the fact i have now put a H.I.D conversion kit in?

I had a small amount come in from the crossing in pic below but i really cant blame the little rubber seal on the back, so i just pealed the seal back off the light and drove around for a few days and it has allowed some air to circulate and clear it, BUT after reading this maybe i should of put a warranty claim in?? lol

In the name of the famous Irish race horse, oil beef hucked, I think it amazing that they are being replaced under warranty. Rain is a different matter.

Not that finding out the fording depth is easy, but someone on here had said that it was 450mm. If that's correct, Nissan can be very generous with warranty.

Last edited:
Wow Nissan has risen to the occasion well done i don't think any seal can withstand being under water plus the forces of fording it great to see they gave some compassion after all it is a off road 4wd and that's how they sell it and so it should be used well done to pursue it.

Took my Navara in to the local Nissan Dealer for the same problem. Unfortunately for me the Service Manage knocked it back, saying they wont cover it under warranty and that he has never seen this happen to any Navara that has come through.

So much for owning a 4WD apparantley driving it offroad voids warranty. Heaven forbid i might do something they market there vehicle to do. Thats why i bought one right. So i can be a wannabe soccer mum in a 4WD.

Thats my rant!!

Latest posts

Back