2011 Navara ST-X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaskarD40

Reaction score
Any one the new gen truck that can give the forum some feedback on the stability control on the new navaras?

Can it be switched off, completely. 100% off. nil. zero?
Can you control the traction control and the stability off separately?
What happens in low range?
How much slip/yaw angle does stability control allow before it overrides?
How aggressive is the interaction?
Are there problems with brake temperature with prolonged aggressive driving in marginal conditions.

Love to hear what the feedback is the new stability control. I;m all for it, as long as we can turn it off when I want to be boss!

you can turn the VDC off (which includes the stability control) but not the traction control.

The traction control works reasonably well in most circumstances, but it isn't really fast enough for sand.

VDC turns off automatically when you engage low.

I haven't had or heard of brake problems, but I'm sure they would happen if you were trying to keep up with a locked troll on 35's in mud...

It is extremely good on road, and on gravel/dirt. It is merely ok when trying to 4wd over tougher stuff.... better than not having it, but nowhere near as good as lockers.

That disappointing that the traction control is always on. The ABS disconnect mod will probably sort out that one :)

Yeah not surprised you say its more capable than you think.

Latest posts

Back