2011 d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk 2011d40

Reaction score
Hey guys I have 2011 built d40 Spanish

Struggling with some power and smoke issues, would appreciate any insight and help to diagnose what is going on.

Thanks for having me

Sounds like the SCV to me. Typical behaviour - try to use a large amount of fuel and it slows up until you restart the engine.

You could try injector cleaner but more often people just get it resolved by replacing the SCV that lives on the side of the fuel pump. Two torx nuts and an electrical connector and you're done.

If it's "hunting" at idle (slight surging, not settling down to a steady rate) then it's definitely the SCV.

Sounds like the SCV to me. Typical behaviour - try to use a large amount of fuel and it slows up until you restart the engine.

You could try injector cleaner but more often people just get it resolved by replacing the SCV that lives on the side of the fuel pump. Two torx nuts and an electrical connector and you're done.

If it's "hunting" at idle (slight surging, not settling down to a steady rate) then it's definitely the SCV.

Thank you,

It does not really have any issues at idle, sounds perfect🤷🏻‍♂️. It is primarily only when going up through gears under load before turbo kicks in, on really big inclines if I gun it to keep it above 2k so the turbo remains in boost it will often throw fault and go into limp mode as it drops from 3+ thousand revs as it changes up gear. But then I just turn engine off and it goes back to normal and engine light goes off in about 5klms. I guess I will just work through each of these suggestions until I can rectify the issue.

Thank you for the feedback👍

Latest posts

Back