2010 D22 Towbar Issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt D

Reaction score
Hi Guys , I have a Thai Built 2010 D22 Str (Twin Cab / Long Tub & have just got a 2012 D22 Str (Twin Cab / Tub)"Genuine Nissan Towbar" (3 tonne rated)

My question is , there are no mounting holes in the chasis & the chasis looks to be about 100 mm shorter than my towbar "arms" if you call them that. Do I need some kind of extension plates or ?

All help is appreciated. Part # G9162VY050AU.

Cheers
Matty

2010 and 2012 should have the same length tubs anyway so I'm not sure what's going in there... can you post up some pics of it? I have an 08 str tow bar on my 2010 and it fits fine, obviously not with the rear step on as it would sit in too far but the chassis lined up fine

You have to drill a couple of holes, it should say that in the instructions.
I don't think that they are rated to 3000kg, more like 2850kg.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your input, I found out the problem today, Was at the local shops and an old bloke had a 2012 D22 "JAP BUILT" with a towbar on it.

We got to talking, I had a look under it & low & behold, the rear of the chassis is about 100 mm longer than my 2010 Thai Built = Oh s%*t.

(one way of telling the Jap & Thai ones apart also is Jap has the black sports bar) I bought the:deadhorse2: towbar off a Jap & now gotta take it somewhere & hope someone can give me some "safe way " to fit this. The worst thing is I bought it on ebay, thought I did enough research , longer tub etc but the sneaky out of sight chassis caught me out! Dammit.

Hope this helps out any un suspecting buyers also_Off to bang my head against the wall for a bit.Back later.

Matty

You have to drill a couple of holes, it should say that in the instructions.
I don't think that they are rated to 3000kg, more like 2850kg.

Any chance of posting up a few pics of your towbar "positioning / bolt locations" if possible Tony ?

Cheers
Matty

This is very interesting. I have a 09 Thai built d22 with towbar and thought anything from 09 onwards would fit. Those Japs must add some extra length to the chassis. For some odd reason. I can't really see how they can get anymore chassis under the tub lol. Anyway I hope it gets sorted.

Rusty

Yeah Rusty, I thought it would have been ok too.Will post up a pic
of my Thai chassis & jump under the back of a Jap one & get a pic too to compare.
Matty

Here you go Matty
Here are the bolt positions, sorry pic is not the best but you can still see them Ok.
The bolt on the left near the exhaust is the one you have to drill on either side.

Here are the instructions to show that you have to drill the 2 forward holes.

Hi Guys,
I have finally just uploaded a pic of my towbar & the chassis to give you an idea of what I am talking about.(Sorry but it is in the Gallery under Matt D, I couldn't attach it) Looks like I need to get L Brackets to help it fit ?

The distance from the Back of the Leaf Spring (Where I am supposed to drill the 1st mounting hole) to the end of the chassis is about 230mm.My problem is that the distance between the front & rear mounting holes section of the towbar is 310 mm (center to center)

I am somehow short approx 80mm of chassis to bolt the rear of the towbar to??
Can someone please measure the distance on their 2010 (long tub) D22 from the Rear of Spring to End of chassis if possible please?

Sorry for dragging out this post, was hoping to get something sorted over the xmas break.

Cheers
Matty

Latest posts

Back