2" BILSTEIN/DOBINSON Lift DONE. Awesome Results!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07nav

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Spent the day today lifting the front end of the D40. Im very happy with what has happened.

Here are the measurement for the front end as I havent had a chance to do the rear yet. (Centre of wheel to arch)

Front Right;
Standard - 515MM
Bodylift - 580MM
Sus Lift - 650MM !!!

Front Left
Std - 510MM
BL - 575MM
Sus Lift - 648MM !!!

So how did I do this....

Basically purchased Bilstein 5100 Series shocks which have the adjustable rings.

I put the circlip on the second setting from the bottom and combined these with Dobinson Medium Duty raised coils.

The great thing is there is no coil bucket contact as seen in the pic below, I did grind a bit of the coil bucket away to give a bit more clearance.

Ride is much better than expected. Thought it would be harsh however it rides very well, its firm but not harsh, definately better than stock.

The install itself it very simple, literally 5 bolts on either side.

-Undo sway bar and swing it down.
-Undo steering knuckle
-Undo bottom shock mount bolt
-Undo top 3 bolts which hold top of shock assembly.

To reinstall just do the above in a reverse direction.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 582
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 839
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 686
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 626
getting 65mm from 2" body lift is not bad.?

the extra 70mm from the suspension is about right with 40mm from the coils and another 30mm from the shock being on the second setting.

i now wish i got the dobinson springs as the ride with HD ironman springs is shit, will have to change them. do you get any rough bounce after going over bumps?? i was thinking it was maybe the uca hitting on the way down but can not hear any hitting noise?? seeing as you have basically the same front as me with no bull bar or winch i recon i will get the dobinsons put in.

did someone put your coil over together for you or did you have spring compressors?

cheers duncan

i did basically the same lift and the camber was adjsuted by the mechanic, he said it was still out a bit but not too bad.

Dunc, to answer your question I had HD OME springs which I was gonna put in but decided against it cause it would have been harsh as f*#k.

Went to dobinsons, paid 180 for the springs and it rides beautifully. No harsh rebound or anything. Im happy with the ride and it's smoother than the stock setup.

I do have some issues with positive camber, pedders have said the bolts are adjusted fully so may need to source some bushes but apart fromm that it's sweet.

And I had the mechanic assemble the fronts, only took him 15mins. Beats screwing around with a spring compressor.

G'day 07nav,
Im looking at doing the exact upgrade to my front suspension after your success.
What did you use in the rear though?

just giving this a bump, I've ordered the same setup for my front but will be running toughdog rear leaves, would like to know what 07nav ran in the rear also

I've installed this same setup in the front - very good although I recommend doing the UCA's as the clearance is not great.
I've used Bluemax leafs and Lovells shockers in the rear -very happy with this setup.
All in all the lift was over 2 inches front and rear (can't recall the numbers though I do have them somewhere) and the ute sits nice and level.
My kit was supplied by Zordo (bar the 5100s), his service is first rate.

Hi NavTez. What clip position did you use on the front struts? Did you use Dobinsons MD coils as well? would like to see some pics if you have them

I have installed the bilstein 5100s with the stock coil set at the middle clip and got 50mm lift,it's firmed up the front and rides great.

I have installed the bilstein 5100s with the stock coil set at the middle clip and got 50mm lift,it's firmed up the front and rides great.

I installed Bilstein 5100 on my D40 a couple of years ago. Had to spend extra due to the camber being out. I had mine also set on the middle clip. Kits used for top and bottom arms were Super Pro

Latest posts

Back