2.5l d22 navara cranking amps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines a 90A alternator, I think the ZD30 boys run a smaller one.

Mine is an 08 Jap build so pays to check yours if it's an 09/10/11 Thai build.

IMG_2712Large.jpg

Ah, you want to know the CCA rating of the battery?

I thought you meant Amp output from the alternator.

Do you think that the above is indicating that the Thai models with dual batteries are for cold climates?

Interesting.

ok thanks for that jason. yeah i want to know because i am putting a dual battery system in and i just want to make sure the one battery is big enough for when i switch the other to a deep cycle

Just an added note.

As a rule you can't readily convert from AH to CCA as a lot of the CCA rating has to do with battery construction. But there is a couple of formulae that will give you an approximation.

Take the 75AH as an example. To convert to RC (Reserve Capacity) subtract 16 and multiply x 2 ( (75-16) * 2) = 118RC. CCA is approximately 5 times RC so 118 * 5 = 590 CCA.

Just an added note.

As a rule you can't readily convert from AH to CCA as a lot of the CCA rating has to do with battery construction. But there is a couple of formulae that will give you an approximation.

Take the 75AH as an example. To convert to RC (Reserve Capacity) subtract 16 and multiply x 2 ( (75-16) * 2) = 118RC. CCA is approximately 5 times RC so 118 * 5 = 590 CCA.

Thats handy to know....

:cheers!:

In another thread, with pics, someone mentions replacing the standard battery with a bigger battery when he did something similar. Dual battery thread?

Latest posts

Back