16" steel rims with 267/75 tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyb

Reaction score
hi guys. got my car fitted with some steel rims and tyres last week and wanted to show you guys what it looks like as a lot of people including myself before i got it want to know what fits and offsets and etc. i have a 2012 D40 ST spain build with no lift and have 16inch gecko steel rims with +18 offset. tyres are bfg all terrain 265/75/16.
before i got them i was told by some that they would stick outside of the guards and some wouldn't and at the end of the day had no real answers so hopefully this will help someone out.
any questions just ask. cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1907.jpg
    IMG_1907.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1908.jpg
    IMG_1908.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 124
more pics

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 108
Looks nice mate, you obviously had the "17" wheels standard also? Been told all the same that "16" wheels don't clear the callipers etc.. But did read here somewhere it's only on the 550's having slightly bigger callipers. Did you go "7" wide again or the "8"?

Looks nice mate, you obviously had the "17" wheels standard also? Been told all the same that "16" wheels don't clear the callipers etc.. But did read here somewhere it's only on the 550's having slightly bigger callipers. Did you go "7" wide again or the "8"?

hey mate, yeah i had the standard 17's. 16" won't fit on the 550 because of the bigger brakes (bigger engine means bigger brakes) and also on the new STX with the v6 motor. but anything else will fit the 16's.
and i went 7" wide.
if you want to go a bigger tyre than 32" i believe you will have to go 8" wide but also will have to do some work to the guards etc.. so they will fit. theres a thread that shows exactly what you have to do to make them fit but i personally think its a bit of work so i just went the 32's. although you can put 32" tyres on the 8" wide rims.
cheers, ben

hey mate, yeah i had the standard 17's. 16" won't fit on the 550 because of the bigger brakes (bigger engine means bigger brakes) and also on the new STX with the v6 motor. but anything else will fit the 16's.

and i went 7" wide.

if you want to go a bigger tyre than 32" i believe you will have to go 8" wide but also will have to do some work to the guards etc.. so they will fit. theres a thread that shows exactly what you have to do to make them fit but i personally think its a bit of work so i just went the 32's. although you can put 32" tyres on the 8" wide rims.

cheers, ben

Yeah mate, thanks. Have looked into it with the guard mods etc.. Will be doing it all soon as want to fit 33" although on a 8" wheel hence why was just curious what width you went as wasn't sure if that offset will stick out past guards with a 8" wheel.

Yeah mate, thanks. Have looked into it with the guard mods etc.. Will be doing it all soon as want to fit 33" although on a 8" wheel hence why was just curious what width you went as wasn't sure if that offset will stick out past guards with a 8" wheel.

no worries mate i have no idea but i would say it would stick out an extra 0.5" than mine because if you have an extra inch of rim then it would mean you have and extra half an inch each side of the offset which would make it stick out that extra bit more? i could be completely wrong so don't quote me haha

Lol thanks mate I'm thinking same as you, guess I'll find out.
Looking at yours being pretty flush, half an inch should still be ok.

Latest posts

Back