05 D22 ZD30 running rich or lean

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybird

Reaction score
Just had a mechanic suggest that I turn the snorkle around to face back and see if the car runs better, worst or just the same. His comment was that with the Intercooler and snorkle putting in more air the fuel pump might need adjusting as if its lean it could burn out valves. The car seems OK to me and is going good. The car gets between 9.5 and 10.5 ltr/100 depending on my driving and uses around 14ltrs/100 towing the van, the EGR is also blocked off. Should I be worrying about this.
Thanks

You absolutely shouldn't be worried about this. Our injector pumps are electronically controlled. As I understand it, the main ECU receives data from the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor and the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and uses that information through the control module on the pump to deliver the appropriate amount of fuel. It is more overfuelling that we need to be concerned with, not running lean; which is where a good EGT gauge comes in handy. If I was you, the only thing I would be changing would be my mechanic!

Just had a mechanic suggest that I turn the snorkle around to face back and see if the car runs better, worst or just the same. His comment was that with the Intercooler and snorkle putting in more air the fuel pump might need adjusting as if its lean it could burn out valves.......... Should I be worrying about this.
Thanks
you should be extremely worried............that the mechanic is a complete moron :rofl2:

it runs lean the most when its at idle. since it hasn't burnt its valves out or blown up, i think it will be fine.
mechanic is thinking of petrols as some petrols can be upset by snorkels, not that i can actually think of any. anything remotely modern adjust for the extra air anyway. some of the old carbys and lpg setups required balancing pipes.

Latest posts

Back