W.A. Question.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Burner

Reaction score
Hi folks, anyone done the trek from Monkey Mia to Kalgoorlie???

If so what's the best or adventurous way, down the coast then cut across from Perth or can it be done heading East from Geraldton and through Mt Magnet.
Interested to here from someone who has done it.

Cheers.

monkey mia to Kal

Monkey Mia to Geraldton checking out the coast all the way down, and then cut across from Geraldton to Laverton. Cant remember the names of the roads but a good interesting drive. Head south from Laverton through Leonora and then on down to Kalgoorlie.
All of the above is a good drive including coastline and northern goldfields of WA, black top and dirt roads all passable any time of year unless your unlucky enough to hit floods in the northern goldfields, but they clear fairly quickly.
If your heading back east from this trip you could take the great central road from Laverton over towards Alice and then down through south Oz.

Hi, thanks for the info, I did some googling last night and came up with a route, Monkey Mia - Geraldton - Sandstone (Looks like a good stop over http://www.sandstone.wa.gov.au/image-gallery.aspx) - Kalgoorlie.

I will have the family with me that aren't to keen to get off the beaten track so sticking to the made roads and finding a place with toilets and power to pull up at for the night is well you know, things that women must have.

Couple of day stop in Kal then hit the Nullarbor for home.

Latest posts

Back