Clunking when turning left from front right side

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first post so I'd like to say I really like my nav, but I think I've had it since I bought it when it had 15000km on it, the symptoms are it clunks through the whole car when I turn a medium left corner, going above 40-50km/h and it sounds and feels like its coming from the front right corner, more so on rough road but is still there on a smooth car park. I have taken it to a mechanic for the 20000km service and he said he tightened the bearing on the suspect wheel but was unaware of the problem, I have checked all the bushes with the wheel off but nothing seems out of ordinary, so let us know if you can help, thanks and its the dual cab 4wd, 2011

Last edited:
If its a d22 there's no steering rack. Get the body mounts looked at. Its quite a common problem with similar symptoms to what you are describing. If they need replacing Nissan should do it under warranty

Body mounts for sure mate nissan had 4 goes to fix mine 2010 build and now it's gone again i think there is 6 under the cab but the thump always happens turning left.

What the hell is happening here Nissan, mines 10 years old with 195,000 k's under it's belt and never an issue with a body mount, it is a Jap build unit, maybe there's something in that.

All the Japan ones are fine mate its the new 2009 on Thailand Built Navara D22's

There shit mate ive had so much trouble with mine.

Aha, I'll bet the tabs are misaligned, Thai's don't have the same appreciation of detail that Japanese do. (apologies to any Thai people reading that are offended)

I`d also check the bolts from the LCA`s to the chasis, i had issues for a month or two and could not pinpoint where it was coming from then when in at pedders to get my torion bars re-set they found it to be those mounting bolts.

Back