Intercooler Hard Pipe Upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this one is off ebay and its made in Aus, its also ally so no rust and lifetime warranty,
i dont know about the price, is it cheap?? or can it be done cheaper??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PLAZMAMAN-Nissan-Navara-D40-Turbo-Intercooler-Hot-pipe-upgrade-/161043366302?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257eeec19e&_uhb=1

---------------------------

Thats one i was looking at getting.. Intercooler either http://bit.ly/12bdAPv or http://bit.ly/11UlexT all aussie..

this one is off ebay and its made in Aus, its also ally so no rust and lifetime warranty,
i dont know about the price, is it cheap?? or can it be done cheaper??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PLAZMAMA..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item257eeec19e&_uhb=1

Here is a full intercooler upgrade kit off ebay, it also manufactured in AUS, so it looks like not all of the ebay stuff is crap and imported.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UPGRADE-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d5823252&_uhb=1

---------------------------
plazmaman is just the stock pipe replacement

the second is the full kit i think

I was jst thinking about buying a PWR tube & fin cooler for around $400 then getting piping made up.
That'd surely have to be doable for under $1k all up as its not that much piping.
Is there gd gains to be had though???

Wasn't aware Plazaman had finally put them into production.

Im thinking I could probably do it a bit cheaper than that in either mild steel or stainless.
No chance of rust if it is powdercoated/painted either. Inside of the pipework will always have an oil film to protect it as well.

Wasn't aware Plazaman had finally put them into production.

Im thinking I could probably do it a bit cheaper than that in either mild steel or stainless.
No chance of rust if it is powdercoated/painted either. Inside of the pipework will always have an oil film to protect it as well.

let us know when you have some kits ready and i will buy one for sure.

ok kids...

Just called Craig from Cabolture Exhaust and Mechanical,

he had no idea what i was talking about and said that he isnt linked to DieselTuner

he said it wouldnt be something he would do as he only has a press bender

ok kids...

Just called Craig from Cabolture Exhaust and Mechanical,

he had no idea what i was talking about and said that he isnt linked to DieselTuner

he said it wouldnt be something he would do as he only has a press bender

I hadnt had a chance to tell Craig about this by the time you called today.

We have a press bender in the shop, and access to a mandrel bender offsite.

We will either make one up one piece press bent, or piece one out of mandrels when we can get a D40 in.

Once we have a jig made that is perfect, we can start getting 10-20 made at a time in the cnc mandrel bender and they will be cheaper than the one off's.

Call back tomorrow and ask for Lindsay, ill sort it out for you if your keen to be the first one to get it done.

Has anyone done the plasmaman hot side upgrade that can accurately quantify improvement ... more than the "seatofthepantsometer"?

Or ... is it more marketing hype?

I was the first to do the hard pipe upgrade in 06 when they were first out.

I made it to suit a cooler upgrade only, but the comments I got back were not outright power increases from the intercooler but more so the throttle response and low down torque generation with the hard pipe installed.

Once you see on the dyno that the pipe expands near 100% at 18psi of boost, you realise why it makes the car feel doughy to drive.

I was at plazmaman today and he hasnt quite got the 2012 spain models sorted yet due to the way nissan have connected the soft pipe to the alloy pipe with a circlip style of connection and the angle that the pipe connects to the turbo.

Lindsay, will you be doing pipes to suit the different models or just pre 2012??

Last edited:
Apparently Plazmaman will be doing his pipe so it runs all the way from the intercooler all the way to the turbo, so you will do away with all the stock stuff including the small section of ally pipe that goes from the intercooler to just inside the bay near the radiator

Last edited:
Apparently Plasmaman will be doing his pipe so it runs all the way from the intercooler all the way to the turbo, so you will do away with all the stock stuff including the small section of ally pipe that goes from the intercooler to just inside the bay near the radiator

Is he dismounting the intercooler from the frame at the front so that it can move with the engine, or is he leaving a few bits of rubber/silicon pipe in there?

Is he dismounting the intercooler from the frame at the front so that it can move with the engine, or is he leaving a few bits of rubber/silicon pipe in there?

He will have silicon pipe to cater for that and to connect at the intercooler and the turbo

Latest posts

Back