zd30 queries on proformance tips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zed

Reaction score
I have looked and sourced a bit of information from this site and it's been a great help many times over, so I wanted to air my intentions for the motor in this d22 based on what I have read from here..
Am I right in thinking the chips are not much good for the non common rail waste gated turbo models ?
Is the trick to add or take a shim from the spill return line ? (will be fitting new injectors) Would I be right in thinking this would increase pressure to the injectors ?
And with the waste gate tuning there is no adjustment in the Actuator rod/shaft but I did notice an aftermarket adjustable one on "flea-bay" for $70 ???
The plan is to replace Injectors, Timing Chain and gears ect and also the Oil pump.. Thinking it's done a shag load of miles and the covers got to come off anyways and a timing chain is a must do at this age i'd think ( yup it's quiet but it has to be the original one on 240'000ks) ... So in prep for a road trip I'll do the hoses whilst i'm there too..
So i'm thinking if I do that then up the pressure and tweak the waste gate I think I will have achieved what a chip would do regarding waste gate and fuel pressure ?? yes / no/ ? any thoughts
This would only be done whilst at the dyno with the right mechanics advice and tuning !!! I"d rather spend the $600 to $1600- on the motor than on a "freakin chip" ... yes yes the chain gears gaskets injectors pump will just about cost that alone I know and the labour that again but i'd rather add to building a strong motor than stressing the old one with $100 chips that "muggs" charge $1000 for.....That's a finger up the bum if I ever saw one coming,')
I have also found a nice little intercooler on the net too, it's a same end unit and I was planning to fit it top mount with fan to the inner guard where the air box is now and move the standard box and support to where the pre air cleaner unit was...A shroud or two for the heat and you can take care of the heat soak problem -period! shorter pipe work with better flows and well insulated !
Also any thoughts on the water/meth injection ??
Anyways any thoughts ? zed

Is the trick to add or take a shim from the spill return line ? (will be fitting new injectors) Would I be right in thinking this would increase pressure to the injectors ?
by god i was going cross eyed reading that!

your thinking of shimming the pressure valve on a common rail. won't work on a zd30 cause they don't have one.
to increase power chip it.

the rest has plenty of threads on it already.

you need more fuel if you want to up the boost, Zd30 is already underfueled in the lower RPM from what people have said.

So get yourself a Steinbauer chip and beudesert exhaust

ok go...

ahh just picturing ya' cross eyed- I knew that they are not a common rail but was just wondering and thinking ...... i'll keep reading and hold off on the chip until the mechanics are done I think...

Latest posts

Back