Rear Leaf replacement time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what springs to get. Looking for 40mm lift as just about everyone offers and rarely carry any load so in the 0 to 300kg region.
Its a street queen so doesnt need anything flash for offroad. I want something thats good on road .
Whats everyone thinking?
EFS,OME,Ultimate,Tough Dog ??????
All offer the same type options and all are in the $500 range.
Have heard more bad than good on Ironman so not considering them .
Kings SAX etc seem way too exxy for a street truck .

Anyone actually changed brands to get a better ride like out with EFS and in with OME?

I am running blocks with stock springs and when I have some load like the 4 spare wheels in the back it feels much better and soaks up speed bumps etc.With no load not such a good ride. Trying to get springs that will soak up the bumps without bouncing the truck around. Running 5056 Billsteins at the moment and they will also be getting replaced soon too.I rarely carry more than a spare battery in the back . Only constant load would be the hard cover/sports bar combo so not much above stock weight .

Last edited:
I just got dobinson medium duty on mine went for a good drive today it rode really good very happy with the out come

I had the choice of 300Kg or 400Kg and took the heavier option, because I've got a canopy and more often than not have about 60-100kg in the tub even when I'm cruising around doing work stuff.

I've tried it unladen too - it's still smooth. Laden there's probably 200kg on the ball and an extra 50-100kg in the tub. At Christmas I had 80kg of diesel, 10L of unleaded, the Honda Eu20si, Engel 60L (with 10 cans of fizzy drink, 4L of water, bread and some tomatoes) in it plus power cables, tools (about 20kg). We were doing 90+km/h on dirt and it handled it perfectly, it handled the dirt with half that load gone just the same and recently on a tip run (coming back empty) it didn't jolt or judder.

ARB sold me a winner, as far as I'm concerned.

All I have on is a canopy and the dobinsons medium duty supposed to be 250kg constant load they are to stage 4+2 springs I had the 3+2 springs on but I didn't get the lift I wanted and they said swap them over

Latest posts

Back