Living at cape york

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny Coaster

Reaction score
Hi guys

Havent been on the forum for quite a while as I am living in Bamaga at the tip of Cape York and have only just got internet sorted.

We have been here for just over 6months now and plan to be here for hopefully around the 5yr mark. Pretty much every wknd is either spent on the boat fishing or in the Nav exploring the Cape.

In the last 8 months the nav has had some major work done, I have uploaded pics to my garage which show how the Nav stands as of now so please check it out.
-Custom tray and canopy
-42" light bar and led spots
-Front lokka
-nissan steel bullbar
-Runva whinch
- Complete new suspension set up to handle the Cape and the canopy
-70lt fridge on MSA drop slide
-Deep cycle in the canopy
-Austrack roof top tent

Hope the Nav gives you al some good ideas for the future.

Still don't no how to put pics up on a thread.

/Users/aarontaylor/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2015/06/07/20150607-092345/2015-05-05 18.22.47.jpg

Good onya Aaron. I'm jealous. What an awesome place to be living and working. And the Fishings not bad either. My younger bro was up there for a few years flying passengers in and out. It's a top spot. Be keen to see some pics of your boat and your catches sometime. And I guess the weathers pretty awesome right now too. Yeah I'm jealous.

Haha the weather has actually been pretty shit house the last wk or so, overcast and blowing it's tits off. I put a lot of pics of our adventures up on instagram. Was lucky enough to get a 20kg+ GT mt second wk up here popping a reef off of the east coast, got a 1.22m spanish out the front of the Jaedine and a heap of queenies from all around the joint, a few of them over the metre mark.
Still yet to have a good run on the barra and jacks and would love to smash some big coral trouts as well.
My boat is only a 4.2m quintrex bust with a 30 etec on the back but that didn't stop us from doing a 178km round trip down past Vrilya point the other wk, going to be upgrading to a 4.9 quintrex renegade SC with a 80hp yammi at the end of the year.
Feel very lucky to be living here.

Nice! Big GT and bet he kept you working for a while. The mackerel woulda been fun to at 1.2m! Only ever hooked one gt off Fraser is. Many years back. Big bugga but can't recall details. I've also got a 4.2 Quinny with 40 mariner. I've actually downsized from a bigger glass boat as I was putting off going fishing cause it was just so much hassle on my own launching an retrieving the boat. Much easier now!
Anyway enjoy the fishing and hopefully the weather will sort itself out for ya.

Latest posts

Back