Heater Noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewood11

Reaction score
Hi all.
Ive had my D40 for 4 years and ever since the first day ive had this really annoying clicking and whirring sound from behind where the heater and fan dials are. It’s as if there’s a solenoid clicking backwards and forwards. It even does it when I switch the engine off and take the key out.
Any ideas?

Mine does it - I had thought it was the air conditioning system changing where air is moving from/to or returning to a known "rest state". Mine's not very loud (my car hasn't quite reached 400,000km yet) but can be heard once I turn the car off.

If yours is really loud it might be worth removing the pollen filters (behind the glovebox) and stuffing an inspection camera in there.

Mine does it - I had thought it was the air conditioning system changing where air is moving from/to or returning to a known "rest state". Mine's not very loud (my car hasn't quite reached 400,000km yet) but can be heard once I turn the car off.

If yours is really loud it might be worth removing the pollen filters (behind the glovebox) and stuffing an inspection camera in there.
Cheers Old Tony. I was thinking it might be something like a knackered capacitor or a solenoid? It sounds like there’s a bloody mouse chewing through something. To be honest I’ve just got used to it. But I thought I might take that part of the dash apart and have a look.

Just following on from this original query, I have been doing some research and I am fairly confident that the problem is a faulty stepper motor. So I was wondering how accessible are they? Do I have to take the whole dash off or just the lower parts where the plastic curves underneath? If you know what I mean?

Just following on from this original query, I have been doing some research and I am fairly confident that the problem is a faulty stepper motor. So I was wondering how accessible are they? Do I have to take the whole dash off or just the lower parts where the plastic curves underneath? If you know what I mean?

I've never delved that far into mine, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back