Gday from Central Coast NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavtd

Reaction score
Gday !.

Just bought a D22 Navara ('04 DX dualcab).

2012-10-26144415.jpg

I'm going from a Ford Maverick (weekend toy) to the Navara but with kids and wife having finally caught the camping bug it will be used to tow our camper up and down the coast, as well as double as my new work truck (finally retiring my 20 year old Urvan).

I've found the site fantastic for no-nonsense tips and advise.

The plans are to sort out the minor issues with it (things like blinkers not working in the bullbar, windscreen squirters, etc), then slowly build it up as a fairly capable tourer.

So far I've already sourced an alloy tray for it and bought a Tigerz11 snorkel for $68- (cant beat the price).

I've still got a set of 33's left over after the sale of the Maverick which I understand will mean a body lift and suspension lift to get them on (mounted on 0 offset rims).

From my Hilux days, the best way to get them to flex was to stick with fairly soft leaves and just pack the axel to get the height, then longer shocks to match.

Does this thinking work with the rear of the Navara ( I understand the front will need aftermarket torsion bars)?

Dazz

I've found the site fantastic for no-nonsense tips and advise.

Haha, what site have you been reading, there is heaps of nonsense on here!!! In all seriousness though, welcome! There are a few boys on here from Newcastle. You should keep an eye out for a trip here and there. Enjoy the forum!

Hi there mate, The d22 is a good ute. I use my 04 dual cab as a every day driver and to tow the camper with the family

Latest posts

Back